Slap in the....

Options
bg192905
bg192905 Posts: 68 Member
I had to post this as I am laughing at myself and wondering where all of you MFP folks have been all my life!! I needed you as friends 25yrs ago!!

I love the honest and truthful approach to the questions posted here. :smile:

Comment: "I want to lose weight, help!"
Response: "Eat at a deficit and exercise"

Comment: "My tummy is fat, what can I do, help?"
Response: "Eat at a deficit and exercise"

Comment: "I want to start a healthy lifestyle, help!"
Response: "Watch your macro nutrients and exercise"

I find myself breaking away from looking for excuses and quick fixes and just putting in the work. Like my degree, job, family. None of if was accomplished successfully without putting in the work.

Even though I initially felt as if I was starting this lifestyle journey for the 1,000th time. I realized that the old methods were not going to work as they had not worked in the past. This is a new journey on a different path. I am serious about learning to eat balanced meals and exercising for my physical health as well as my mental health.

I said all this to say, thanks for helping me take a good hard look in the mirror!! Thanks for quelching the fantasy of instant weight loss and fitness. I need to keep it real while on the journey and I appreciate the dose of reality I get here!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    That is pretty much what it takes.
    You just have to want it more than you want to keep on going down the same familiar path.
    It can be done and the first step is always the hardest!

Best of luck to you!
  • linkirving
    linkirving Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    The realness of the responses has helped me too. There's one real, sustainable way of doing this, and people here aren't afraid to tell you straight up what that way is. I feel so much smarter than I was a week ago in regards to health. Good luck to you, OP.
  • bg192905
    bg192905 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! :wink: