Heart Rate Monitor

Options
I am looking into buying a heart rate monitor to use during working out. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of a balance of quality and price? I have an Android phone so anything that is iPhone only is off the table.

I have looked through the boards to see if this has already been asked and answered which I am sure it probably has but I wasn't able to find a previous topic.

Replies

• Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I use a Polar FT4. I recommend finding one that has a chest strap for more accurate readings. My HRM is completely separate from any other gadget I use for running (my iPhone with Runkeeper).
  • yummyboogereaterr
    yummyboogereaterr Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Polar FT4, super accurate and easy to program.
  • erickbrian
    erickbrian Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've got the Wahoo HR+, I think it was like $70. I got it at the Apple store. If you can snag anything like that for cheaper, do it.

I wanted bluetooth to sync to my iphone 5, works well. Most companies probably get them built by the same company anyway, so I'm sure you can't go wrong with any of them.

Mine's been drenched in sweat and still works.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4. It doesn't sync with my android phone, but my phone is old, so I'm not sure I could have found a monitor that would sync with it.
  • gonefishin1282
    gonefishin1282 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just picked up a FT7 on sale at Best Buy and I love it!! Super easy to use and very accurate!!
  • tmodaniel0720
    tmodaniel0720 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just picked up a FT7 on sale at Best Buy and I love it!! Super easy to use and very accurate!!

Me too, I have had it about a month now, good price and no problems so far
  • kjauthier
    kjauthier Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yup polar FT4 yhe way ro go!:smile:
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Love the Polar ft4. I have had it for awhile and it still works perfectly. Easy to use and a must needed tool for me.
  • MDChesler
    MDChesler Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I went with the Polar FT7 on sale at Best Buy for around 50 bucks. I had to do the ship to store option.

I am gadget geek so I got that one because it will interface with my phone and then I can use iCardio from Digifit to automatically upload and download to and from both MFP and Withings with what I am hoping will be more accurate calorie burns for my exercise routine.