There is a bug inside my scale.

Options
rthompson81
rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
Yes, there is a bug inside my scale. Literally. I've had this particular scale forever... I think my mom had it when I was in junior high, and I'm almost 30, so it's been a while. I tried to take the screen off and remove the little critter, but the scale is made so that you can't do that. So... I decided that he would be my weight loss journey partner and that he was here to stay. No big deal. I've gotten to see him a lot lately.

The catch is though, the scale is a digital scale, and he covers up the last part of the last digit. Which means that 136 looks like 138, and 139 looks like 135. Unless I jump off the scale real quick and squat down to see what's underneath the little guy, something that I didn't realize would work when I was in the 140's with the same issue. So I did jump off the scale real quick yesterday to check it out. And to my surprise, I haven't been going between 137 and 139, I've been going back and forth between 135 and 137. Woohoo!

It may be silly, but it's a little boost for me today!

Replies

• ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Funny!!
  • KristyF08
    KristyF08 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Too Funny! This gave me a good laugh this morning :laugh:
  • Flora_Delirus
    Options
    Did you pick the scale up and 'shake' it to move him out of the way?

HAHA! But that's funny!

I should take a picture some time of what happens to my scale in the morning. My 15 year old Himilayin comes in and sits on it all prim and proper to watch me get ready for work. I wonder if she's trying to tell me something. HEHE
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    bump
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    :laugh: GREAT STORY - but like has that bug been in there since day 1? :ohwell:
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Lol!
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    He showed up a few months ago, so since day one way back when I was in junior high no, but close to when i started MFP!

Man, I've shaken that scale all over the place trying to move him around and get him out of the way, but he's not going anywhere. :)
  • mcthomason
    Options
    Keep him as a good luck charm, especially if he is bringing good luck.

My cat does the same thing of sitting on the scale....I tell her she is down a pound or up a pound and she rolls her eyes at me. For some reason I don't think she is as obsessed with the scale as I am.
  • BeGreat25
    Options
    You're bug story just made my day. Thank you.
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Well my initial thought is to take a pic with your phone or camera from a different angle so you can see the number.

But then I realized that my add a few ounces (the weight of the phone or camera) and you may not want that.

Maybe the camera, set on a table using the auto shutter (timer) function?

??

Have someone else look at if for you from a angle that allows them to see around the bug ???

My two cents, for what that's worth.

Not sure what to say about the new weight loss buddy, you are handling it better than I would.

Congrats on your weight loss, it sounds like you are doing well.

- Eva
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    he doesnt want you to sweat the single pound fluctuations but will surely let you know when you cross over into the 120s! (if your goal is even that low?) Anyhoo, too funny!