husband v. wife

Options
He's working to gain weight and I'm working on losing it...any other wives out here have this problem when it comes to the age old question of "what to cook?"

Replies

• epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    I feel your pain. However, I usually just cook what I can and either save my calories for dinner or hope that he has eaten something substantial earlier in the day and go lower calorie.
  • mamaisis09
    Options
    Ha I have the same problem. He's learning about portion sizes and I'm learning about protein/carb ratios. I make sure if he wants extra butter or whatever to put it on the side, he makes sure to let me know what ingredients are in whatever he is cooking. I make sure there are enough for seconds (my baby sometimes eats more than me) and he makes sure I am satisfied and full just not overstuffed. He's trying to tone more than gain. At 6'3'' and 179lbs I think he's perfect, he's wanting to bulk up a bit.
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My fiance's working to lose it but his daily caloric requirements are nearly double mine! I make low-cal stuff and just let him chow down on as much as he wants.
  • SyreetaJayne1
    Options
    My fiance's working to lose it but his daily caloric requirements are nearly double mine! I make low-cal stuff and just let him chow down on as much as he wants.

same here
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    my husband requires more calories as well, even for him to lose weight. I would recommend a good protein shake to give him more clean calories. We currently have both BSN Syntha 6 and Body Fortress. Body Fortress has 52 grams protein for two scoops and very low in carbs. Wal-mart carries Body Fortress.
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    my husband requires more calories as well, even for him to lose weight. I would recommend a good protein shake to give him more clean calories. We currently have both BSN Syntha 6 and Body Fortress. Body Fortress has 52 grams protein for two scoops and very low in carbs. Wal-mart carries Body Fortress.

I swear by the Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey. Chocolate Peanut Butter is so good. Drink it with whole milk, and 2 scoops and you have almost 400 calories right there. Maybe a bit more depending how much milk you use.
  • soysos
    soysos Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    we have a similar problem, she is trying to loose weight, I'm trying to stop loosing weight. since I do most of the cooking and my diet is of the low-fat type it usually works out that I just eat twice as much of the same food, altho there have been a few arguments about how much oil I use. the big issue now is that I hate processed foods so I'm trying to do more home cooking, and she is a little pickier than I am when it comes to vegetables.
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I have heard complaints from my wife (Have heard other women complain about this too!) that she has somekind of a need to compete with me when eating. If I eat a certain amount, she needs to eat as much! :laugh:
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I just view it as eating healthy, whether you are trying to gain or lose, cook the same meals for simplicity, just let him eat more or supplement his diet with protein shakes.
  • jojogirl
    Options
    I cook healthy and I eat my portion...husband can eat twice as much if he wants, he refuses to watch anything! At least his eating is healthier...LOL My kids don't complain at all, they seem to appreciate it.