Calorie Burn Accuracy

Options
So last night I jogged/walked 2.25 miles on the treadmill averaging between 3.5-5 mph @ 0% incline. My HRM says I burned 736 calories in 50 mins...seems a bit high to me....what is your opinion??
I'm 31 years old @ 276lbs

also...I was jamming out to some high energy music, so I may have been playing some air drums and dancing around too...lol

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,228 Member
    Options
    What sort of HRM? Does it have a chest strap or some other way to continuously measure HR or is it one you touch to get the HR? Are you sure the settings for sex, age, height, weight are all correct?
  • gonefishin1282
    gonefishin1282 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    FT7 with H1 transmitter....its only a few weeks old.....I did double check the settings and they are correct. My heart rate maxed @ 186 and averaged 155
  • rileysowner
    Options
    FT7 with H1 transmitter....its only a few weeks old.....I did double check the settings and they are correct. My heart rate maxed @ 186 and averaged 155

Double check your settings (sex, height, age, weight). If they are all correct, check what this site says in their exercise database. If there is a difference, choose the lower one.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Using an online calculator http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/heart-rate-based-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx with the information you gave it said 883 gross calorie burn. I had to guess for your height and chose 5'10" which gave a net burn of 789
  • gonefishin1282
    gonefishin1282 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    oops...left that part off...good guess...i'm 5'11'' so that does seem pretty accurate then! I also just double checked it in the MFP app and it was right there too! I appreciate your help buddy!
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Not a problem. You are welcome.