Double NSV! Pants and weight!

Options
MDF247
MDF247 Posts: 64 Member
I'm pretty excited this morning, I hit a couple new "lows" that feel pretty important to me.

1) For the last couple years, my "Go to" pants (the ones that fit me most comfortably) have had a 40 inch waist. They were slightly loose, so I'll say maybe I was a 39, I don't really know. I've continued to wear them out of habit and I realized a couple days ago that they were bunching up real bad and would literally fall down if I didn't have my belt pulled tight.

I dug in the back of my closet for a pair of old pants that I haven't been able to wear for several years. I looked at the 34 inch waist tag and almost didn't even bother trying them on. Well, they fit! A little snug, but just barely! I would guess I'm a 35 now.

2) First step on the scale today and it registered a couple ounces under 200lbs. I didn't believe it, so I tried again.. second time showed 201. Close enough! All this means to me is that in less than a week I will be under 200 for sure! I started at somewhere between 229-235 (my wife says 240, but I don't recall ever seeing that number). My "first" goal is 190, then I plan to aim for 175 and see how that fits me.

Replies

• AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • MDF247
    MDF247 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • kbtommi
    kbtommi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great job! Way to go! :drinker:
  • KingOfTheBurke
    Options
    Proud of you! I see you on here doing your work, and now you're getting the rewards you've earned.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Great job OP! :drinker:

BTW, NSV means 'non scale victory', so technically, you had one NSV and one scale victory. :laugh:
  • Habiteer
    Habiteer Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Good work! If you keep on doin what you're doin, you'll be at your goal in no time at all
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Awesome & thanks for sharing! Well done.
  • SeaTurtleJenni
    SeaTurtleJenni Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks fantastic!! Congratssssss!!!!!
  • jbpretty
    jbpretty Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Way to go!
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Excellent work. :-)
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Quick! Take the size 40s to the charity shop and shake your fist at the heavens and declare in your best Scarlet O'Hara voice "With God as my witness, I will never be a fatty again!"
  • lyn_2013
    lyn_2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yay you! :)
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    awesome awesome awesome!!! :):)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!