Hi Everyone!

Options
I just started MFP a couple days ago and I LOVE it!!! My goal is to lose 100 pounds. I hope to lose the weight by next year. I'm hoping this website will motivate me to accomplish this goal. I'm looking for friends and any tips to help me achieve this!!! Thanks for listening! Good luck everyone! :happy:

Replies

• grace914
    grace914 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Go BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey...I agree....GO BEARS!!!!! :bigsmile: from chicago? Or just enjoy da Bears? I'm from Chi.... :drinker:
  • fushion243
    Options
    Great goal. I lost 98 pounds a few years ago using other methods and gained back 30 after a back injury. I kept working out and couldn't figure out how to control the diet based on my exercise and always found a way to gain weight. Since on MFP, I've lost 14 on my way to getting rid of the 30. I like it because I can workout hard, and then know exactly what that means to my caloric intake for that day. So, I get the extra calories to recover, but don't get too many. I trust you will find the same. BTW, when 100lbs heavier, I found walking was a great exercise. I did it until I got bored out of my mind. It was then that I started jogging the down hill parts of my 3 mile walk. Then, I started running 1 mile of the 3 miles...etc...etc. Now, I have done triathlons, duathlons, century bike rides, and run 4 miles several times a week, and bike several times a week. You will be glad to be on MFP as you will always know what you can and cannot do calorie wise in relation to your weight. Best of luck, happy shrinking!