Stay at home mom needs accountability

Options
Hi! I am a stay at home mom of a fun two year old. I can eat whenever I want, whatever I want. I am looking for people and ideas to help keep me on track and motivated. I know I didn't put the weight on today, so I can't expect to lose it today. This will be a journey and I need all the help I can get. Any suggestions?

Replies

• KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is a great tool to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Making friends on here is good way to keep you motivated and accountable on your journey. I enjoy supporting fellow MFP friends. I have sent you a friend request. Anyone feel free to add me1
  • 281Danielle
    281Danielle Posts: 113
    Options
    Hi I am also a stay at home to a 3 year old and a 2 year old. The only way I can truly stay on track or motivated is to plan my workout and my meals at least the day before. Good luck, hope you do great.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. :smile:
  • Heidijens123
    Heidijens123 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM mom too. I try to only eat at meal times and 1 snack if needed. It's hard but can be done . Also, don't eat the kids leftovers unless you are going to make sure they are added to your daily totals. I will send you a friend request.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I sit at a desk job all day, so lack of movement. I have a 4 nd 6 year old. I still see how that snacking of their extra food, etc adds up! I've finally gotten consistent with working out and now I'm doing better with food. Adjustments here and there and we figure out what works for us!

Feel free to friend me. I'd love to help motivate and help you find what works for You.

Nancy
  • Christinelmt78
    Options
    Planning meals is a great way to stay on track.. I was a stay at home mom for 12 years and I noticed during the day whether it's playing with the kids or just cleaning up you tend to "forget " to eat and end up eating whatever is quick and available.. To avoid that I will make my breakfast while I'm drinking coffee then when I'm done I eat.. Same with my lunch, after breakfast I figure out what I want to eat and prepare it then it's ready for me when I'm hungry..feel free to add me
  • gchris38
    gchris38 Posts: 78
    Options
    I would be happy to help
  • Wifenmomma
    Wifenmomma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been making the meal plans but haven't tried exercise plans. I feel like I am ready to do this now and I will. I am determined. Thanks for the suggestions and support!!
  • ShayShayFletch
    ShayShayFletch Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome! you have come to the right place! Very welcoming and motivating site. I am not a stay at home mom but I exercise at home. You can do it!

:happy: :smile:
  • jackiedif
    Options
    I just joined and feel the same as far as needing some accountability. Feel free to add me:)
  • meleileen
    meleileen Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I love this site and have had great results. I use the app on my phone which is super helpful when I am not at home....I find myself more accountable since I have to log everything I eat. I am into week 7 and have lost 21 lbs. I am a grad student and a stay at home mom. I sent you a friend request.

The first thing I did when starting this journey was I threw out all the junk in the house...if it is not there I won't eat it. I do have an occasional treat but I won't go over board. I am a chocolate fanatic and love the 90 calorie special k bars (dark chocolate = yum). Like some, I used to forget to eat and grab anything convenient..now I eat before that crazy hunger overcomes me and I make a bad choice.

I wish you the best of luck!
  • KC1206
    KC1206 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am a working mom of two...one is 5 and the other comes to work with me (so I might as well be an at-home mom)...I also am a full-time grad student, so I too find it a challenge to stay accountable and to fit everything in! No matter what though, support is KEY! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • ChiJenn
    ChiJenn Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom of a 6 and 9 year old. currently looking to be a sub in my girls school. Add me as a friend and I can try to help out. I try and fit in a workout 20-30 min. even if it's just a walk. I'm just back on MFP recovering from a knee injury that had me sidelined. Support really does seem to help, even if it's a good job;)
  • toovodz
    toovodz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a stay at home mum too. I plan my meals the day before so ai know where I'm at. I exercise at home too and it works better for me. I've sent you a request. I'm looking for motivational friends too. I log every day.
  • missvincent23
    missvincent23 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    im also a stay at home mum to a 7yr old and a 3yr old. ive put alot of weight on due to health and depression and im trying to loose it now. your more than welcome to add me :)

xox
  • GlutenFreeWench
    Options
    Also a Stay at home mom (but to 2 furbabies)!

Would love to have you add me for the support:)