100 Calorie M&M Kudos are my friend...

Options
I have been debating about posting on here but here it goes. I am new and not very confident with all of this. My biggest issue for years has been not eating frequently enough. I would eat once maybe twice a day (not binging probably hovering around 1200 calories Mt. Dew included). I have been told by my Dr several times that my body has just went into starvation mode (I think to myself... anorexic people are skinny, why not me??). Anywho, I started forcing myself to eat SOMETHING 6 times a day (ok, a glass of wine or a beer at night isn't eating but hey it's calories right??). This is my current issue. I am still averaging around 1000-1100 calories per day. I feel great but everyone says this isn't enough?!?! I guess my question would be will this really put my body back into "starvation mode"??

(Sample day- I work in nursing so I really don't have time to "eat")

Breakfast
Hydroxycut - Lean Protein Shake - Milk Chocolate, 11 oz 

Snack
Snack Wells - Chocolate Covered Pretzels , 1 package
Tea Bigelow - Green Tea With Pomegranate, 8 oz.

Lunch
Sarah Lee Bread 45 Calorie Wheat - Turkey Sandwich, 2 slices bread, 6 slices turkey meat, 1 tsp mustard
Banana Pepper Rings - Mt Olive Peppers Sliced, 1 OZ.

Snack
Dannon - Greek Light and Fit Blueberry Yogurt (150g), 1 container (150g)

Dinner
Grilled Chicken Breast - Skinless, Boneless, 4 oz.
Potato - Mashed Potatos 2% Milk and Margarine, 1 cup cooked 
Coleslaw - Coleslaw, 1 cup 

Desert
Corona - Light Beer 12 oz With Lime Slice, 1 bottle :drinker:

Replies

• laura00218
    Options
    If you're not eating your BMR calories, you're technically sending your body into starvation mode. Those are the absolute MINIMUM number of calories needed to keep your body functioning optimally before adding in any additional energy needed for exercise. 1000-1100 calories is way too low. Everyone has a "sweet spot" for calorie intake and you'll probably have to play around with it a bit to find yours, but it should NOT be below your BMR. Also, if you're exercising you will need to take those calories into consideration as well. Up your (healthy) calories and your body will begin to let go some of the weight.
  • Laura87_
    Laura87_ Posts: 12
    Options
    If you don't want to eat more volume wise, why not just change from low calorie bread to regular calorie bread? Add a smear of mayo or a couple slices of cheese, leave the skin on your chicken or use chicken thighs instead, drizzle olive oil over a salad, add a handful of nuts in as a snack, that kind of thing.