Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What I've learned about losing weight

I read somewhere that if you want to lose weight, you need to adhere to the 80/20 rule. 80% diet, 20% exercise. After learning more about how many calories my body burns in a day and realizing how hard the exercise portion is, I completely understand this now. I can create more of a calorie deficit with food than I can with exercise (but it doesn't mean I'm going to stop exercising). A combination of the two is necessary. I've learned how hard it is to burn 150 calories and understand how difficult it would be to exercise off a bad day of food choices.

Life is all about choices. Going to keep making healthier ones! :)

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    yes, this is true ..

the 80/20 rule is also helpful for eating..80% healthy and 20% whatever you want = ice cream, cookies, cake, pizza, etc….
  • brandi_kae
    brandi_kae Posts: 22 Member
    Yes, I've heard banishing all your favorite foods will lead to failure. Everything in moderation :)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    It's a pretty good rule for most things in life. If we try to be prefect all the time, we go crazy. Moderation in all things.
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Yes, I've heard banishing all your favorite foods will lead to failure. Everything in moderation :)

That is the best advice ever and I have lived by that ever since I started my weight loss journey!