(NO) Weight loss Rant!!!! =O

Options
I been busting my *kitten* with Insanity, made sure I was under for the day, If not the day then definitely the week. I haven’t been binging like I usually do! I been drinking 8-10 glass of water a day and NOTHING! In 2 weeks I didn't lose anything in inches! I didn't lose a damn pound in the past week and I’m beyond mad right now! It’s kind of like what’s the point! Why even try! I know I'm whining right now I know this but I’m just so upset with my body right now!! I know its just a week or 2 of stalling and there’s plenty of other weeks to push through but I’m just so disappointed with the inches more then anything! They said month 2 of insanity the inches will just melt off! In 2 weeks I did seen nothing! I did have a bad breakfast this morning (and Monday) and I HATE using that as an excuse to eat bad but I will only use the “omg I didn't lose and now I want to eat everything” card for breakfast! I’m over now, probably in everything but I had a moment of weakness! I’m going to try my best not to let this de-rail everything I work so hard for! I’m trying to think positive like; I lost over 13 inches since 1/20 and almost 12 lbs since the beginning of the year! I know I have to stop thinking 1-2 weeks of no movement shouldn't stop my progress! Ok I think I’m done with the “woe is me” rant!!

Thanks for listening!

Replies

• __Amazeballs__
    Options
    This test, like any other, is an opportunity to harden yourself. Keep what you're doing and maybe evaluate after a few more days and see if there is any improvement. If not, actually eating like 300-400 extra cals per day got me where I needed to be.
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is a journey. Stick to your diet plan and workout routine and you would soon see it come off. Sometimes, if I worry too much about my weight or my measurements I get frustrated. So I stick to thinking about other things...like I am losing this so I will be fit and healthy....
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    To be honest when I did insanity I didn`t lose for the first 3 weeks, but I ached like hell, I put this down to retaining lactic acid, and the fact if it sits its quite heavy, once my body got rid of the lactic acid I dropped weight after that, I started taking recovery protein shakes after the session to help.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I lost over 13 inches since 1/20 and almost 12 lbs since the beginning of the year! I know I have to stop thinking 1-2 weeks of no movement shouldn't stop my progress! Ok I think I’m done with the “woe is me” rant!!

You've got your answer right here - write it down somewhere and keep reminding yourself of it!

You've made great progress so far! Yes it's frustrating when you work your *kitten* off and don't see movement on the scale but it happens to the best of us and is just part of the process. I'm lucky if I see movement on the scale once a month. I just start getting frustrated then the "whoosh" affect kicks in and I'm down a little over a pound and it looks like I may be down even more after TOM goes away.

Which brings me to my next point - water weight is a huge factor. I know nothing about Insanity but it sounds like you started a new level which may be harder so it's likely your muscles are retaining water and glycogen. This is part of the natural healing process and will go away once your body adjusts. Maybe you had a lot of sodium this week? Maybe it's that time of the month, or will be soon? Maybe you just need a good poop. There are so many factors why the scale doesn't budge when we think it should.

Give it at least 2 more weeks and if you're not seeing some sort of progress, you may need to think about changing your calorie goals or something. Keep up the good work!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! because of you and MFP friends i'm out of this "woe is me" rant and have a whole new outlook on the food i eat! Have my boyfriend on board and ready to rock this healthy life style!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Then quit doing Insanity and do something else.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I've never done Insanity, but I know that it's common for people to see a lot of water weight retention with it, which can cause stalls or even slight gains on the scale. If that's going to bother you then maybe it's not the right program for you?
  • flabbybunker
    flabbybunker Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I say stick with the whole program and see the results then . I get a feeling your going to see improvement by week 4
  • hellykill
    hellykill Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This was me exactly the past 3 weeks. Been doing everything right, down to logging food, drinking water, T25 like I was supposed to and stuck. But then I lost 3 lbs after being in a lull. Stick with it. My mentality is maybe I'll be stuck for a couple weeks but my body is still getting the awesome benefits of what I am doing! I also changed up my calorie intake a bit, changed over to the second phase of T25 so it would be more of a challenge to my bod, and just thought eventually this work will catch up to me. It did!
    Hang in there and I LOVE Insanity.... after my T25 will go back to that again. My first love :)
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    Options
    i only have 2 weeks of insanity left! I'm just going to stick it out then i'm going to start "learning" how to jog and lifting and see how that works out! Trial and error!!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    Options
    This was me exactly the past 3 weeks. Been doing everything right, down to logging food, drinking water, T25 like I was supposed to and stuck. But then I lost 3 lbs after being in a lull. Stick with it. My mentality is maybe I'll be stuck for a couple weeks but my body is still getting the awesome benefits of what I am doing! I also changed up my calorie intake a bit, changed over to the second phase of T25 so it would be more of a challenge to my bod, and just thought eventually this work will catch up to me. It did!
    Hang in there and I LOVE Insanity.... after my T25 will go back to that again. My first love :)

you rock! you got this hun.... no no WE GOT THIS!!!! :bigsmile:
  • kitticus15
    kitticus15 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have not give up yet and for the last year all I have done is lost and gained the same 2-3lbs, no inches lol so hell I may be fat but by goodness I am fit and healthy, no medical reason apparently so it's just the way my body wants to be, some f us are designed not to fit the mould of "weight loss" some of are completely different and nothing seems to work, but one day something will, keep at it, fitness is better than skinny