Oh Sodium You're an Evil Witch

Options
So this past w/end I had a little cheat night because it was my pre-birthday bash and we had Chinese Food. I knew I'd retain a little water but Holy Moly! By Monday morning I was up 4.4lbs!!!! Now I'm a big lady so I probably retained a lot of water but WHOA. That was crazy.

Fortunately after drinking huge amounts of water on Monday and Tuesday I saw the 4.4 extra pounds disappear and I'd lost another little bit for good measure (YAY!) but I just thought I'd share because maybe someone else will see a big jump in the scale and wonder WTH????

To which I say.. check your sodium intake.. if it was particularly high you've got your answer!

Replies

• Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Chinese is my weekness too. Egg fried rice mainly.

But someone posted a baked egg roll recipe this morning so I think that will help when I'm having those chinese cravings.

Thanks for the reminder about sodium.

- Eva
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    So true, SO Very true. I got it though my head quite a while back. Sodium and I do NOT get along. I do my weigh in....I'm down...Happy Dance...I get on scales 2 days later and :sad: I'm UP almost 4?:noway: Oh yeah, I had a ham sub. 6 incher. Whoops. Get on scale 2 days later, its gone. Sigh of relief.

So now when I see a bad gain I check the journal (have CRS sydrome) and then if my sodium levels are good I check the calendar. TOM has a bad habit of doing the same thing to me.
  • Plantpot
    Plantpot Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I can easily put on 4 - 5 lb's over a weekend!! Its crazy :grumble: :grumble: . But I then loose it gradually each day, say an lb a day!!! I always try and drink loads of water on Mondays and Tuesday to flush any rubbish out!!!

I used to be really careful all week and then really blow it at a weekend by eating and drinking too much :drinker: , but I have managed to get it under control, I still have treats at the weekend but in moderation!!!

Good luck

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • WonderLady
    Options
    well if u think u take too much sodium that day,try compensating them by drinking lots of water and high potassium food.will help shred that water retention.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Yeah.. its BADDDDDDDD!!!!
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving (2 days - Wednesday & Thursday) I put on 11 lbs.
    I was under my calorie count for both days, so you can bet nearly all of that was sodium.
    Amazing how it can throw you, huh?