So much leg pain! t25 and Insanity

Options
Stats: 20 years old, 200 lbs, 5'9, male

I am currently on my 3rd week of insanity and have been experiencing so much pain in the balls of my feet. I've also been having some pain near the calf muscles.

During the first two weeks of Insanity, the pain used to be there right after the warm-up. I'd have to sit down for a few minutes and it would not give me anymore problems for the rest of the workout. However, this week it has become unbearable.

I don't know what to do :(, I feel like if my pain went away, I'd be able to do so much more!

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with where I'm working out. I work out in my basement, and the floor is concrete, but I do it on a small carpet.

Replies

• blazerix
    blazerix Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    help please!
  • PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    ...I'm no expert
    but sounds like you might need to see a doc, dude. ;/
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    The pain in your calves is completely normal.......just look at the workout you are doing. Do you expect to be doing something that strenuous and not have your calves hurt?
    As far as the pain in the balls of your feet. I pretty sure it's either the surface you are working out on, possibly your shoes, or a combination of the two. If you don't have the right shoes for the workout, you'll experience some pain in either the balls or arches of your feet.

That there is my two cents.
  • nathanrhea
    nathanrhea Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I was basically in the same situation as you. I'm a little shorter and heavier and much older (almost 41) and I was experiencing pain in my feet during the Insanity warm-up that would eventually go away after for the rest of the workout - except pure cardio. I tried different shoes - running and cross trainers - and different surfaces - hardwood, carpet and exercise mat - to ease the pain.

I'm currently in week four and this Wednesday - plyometric cardio circuit - was the first time my feet didn't hurt. I'm currently going barefoot on a padded workout mat and it seems to work for me so far. I'm not sure if I've finally reached a point where the pain has gone away, or if I've found the right surface for me. My point is to try different things like shoes - no shoes - and different surfaces to see if that helps.

Good luck on your journey!
  • marissa2224
    marissa2224 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The calf pain should go away once you get used to the workouts. I remember watching a video chat and Shaun T said that some people, he included himself, get that pain in the feet and you have to wait a few minutes for it to pass; it's normal. I never got it during insanity but I did during T25. Sometimes it helps to warm up your feet before you start. Try rolling a tennis ball under your foot for a couple minutes before the workout to see if it helps. Also, try different shoes or padding on the floor. It's whatever works for you, but the pain is very annoying because you really can't continue until it passes