What TEMPTING holiday treats are coming into your work?

Options
We are having the 12 days of Christmas at work where co-workers sign up to bring in treats every day, now through Christmas. Today, I am being tempted with cocktail weiners wrapped in bacon and brown sugar, and two platters of homemade cookies. I stayed strong. What are you being tempted with? And how are you doing staying strong?

Replies

• ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    We have NOTHING.........however, I guess that's a good thing ...
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    The heck with work-they are in my house!! I have 3 lbs. of fudge in my kitchen softly calling my name. I'm about to run away before it yells.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Today is our annual BBQ holiday luncheon. complete with brisket, chicken, potato salad, cole slaw, beans, rolls, and peach cobbler. In lieu of eating all that, I am going to Zumba instead and I brought tuna salad and crackers for lunch.

no need to go gorge myself on sodium laden, calorie packed food just because it's free.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Today is our annual BBQ holiday luncheon. complete with brisket, chicken, potato salad, cole slaw, beans, rolls, and peach cobbler. In lieu of eating all that, I am going to Zumba instead and I brought tuna salad and crackers for lunch.

no need to go gorge myself on sodium laden, calorie packed food just because it's free.

Wow; you definitely have your eye on the prize! That's some willpower! We have had some treats sent to the office. Yesterday I couldn't refuse the Ghirraldi chocolates. So instead of keeping the bag, I took two little chips out and gave them away. Yes, I logged them, and yes, they were totally worth it. A little was enough to make me happy. :love:
  • npryor100
    npryor100 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Today we have a dessert/cocktails and ice skating party. I am bringing a healthy snack to eat before the party and will stick to hot coffee instead of high calorie drinks....let's see if I stick to my plan!
  • WonderLady
    Options
    just eat n enjoy everything.u dont want to miss this once a year festive.just remmeber to control our portion and make sure to get back on track later.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Nothing so far though a lot of vendors like to send those boxes of See's Candies.

Funny thing is I'm working on abstaining from refined sugars and this weekend we have a holiday potluck with a cookie exchange. Since my son doesn't like chocolate and not many other sweets and I'm not eating it anymore, I will be the one tempting my office with goodies! I'm totally bringing all those cookies in on Monday morning so they won't tempt me at home!!!

Katie
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    candy candy candy.

its everywhere and its so annoying when someone offers me something and I politely decline and then the office loudmouth screams "she's on a diet" from across the room. :grumble:
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options

Wow; you definitely have your eye on the prize! That's some willpower! We have had some treats sent to the office. Yesterday I couldn't refuse the Ghirraldi chocolates. So instead of keeping the bag, I took two little chips out and gave them away. Yes, I logged them, and yes, they were totally worth it. A little was enough to make me happy. :love:
    I have a history of "give me an inch and I take a mile" and a history of binging. So I choose to avoid those things that might trigger me to overeat. But I do have my occasional little treats like mini-peanut butter cups, etc.
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Haven't seen any food yet; however, I work in a building full of people, but none of us work together-- so no plans made for holiday food or functions.
  • bhonniered
    Options
    One of our staff members brought in 2 Giant Trays of all types of cookies. I looked and took one of my absolute favorites (choosing one of the smallest pieces). I logged it too :bigsmile: . Now I am drinking lots of water! :drinker:
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    The Faves are... Boxes of Mince Pies.. and the LARGE tubs of Celebrations and Quality Street... Resisted so far...! One week down! xx
  • Pril2000
    Pril2000 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I love to bake, so I baked a banana nut bread last night. I cut it in half, wrapped the halves (after taking a slice for myself) and first thing this morning I gave each half to someone at my work. I get to have a taste, and make other people happy too.
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Yesterday cheesecake to celebrate a birthday, and someone else brought a cranberry, pecan bundt cake. Yikes! I had a small slice of each, yes no willpower.

Today, I will not have any!
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    candy candy candy.

its everywhere and its so annoying when someone offers me something and I politely decline and then the office loudmouth screams "she's on a diet" from across the room. :grumble:

OOOH! How I hate that.
    WE ALWAYS have Tim Hortons every Friday, and the customers at my work are starting to bring in bake goodies...

And my manager will always try to offer to me, every time and I always answer the same, and then if I do take a muffin or half a doughnut one of the shop guys will say, " you can't have that"
  • goodjobrunner
    goodjobrunner Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Today it was meatballs in cocktail sauce, chocolate marshmallow cake, and dried beef/cream cheese dip and crackers.

Day two - I walked away.