phentermine

Options
OK I know I am going to get it for bringing this up but I am truly frustrated be this one. I have seriously platued at my weight for some time now. I exercise and stay within my calories (most days) and I stay the same weight. I have not gained:smile: but I don't loose either, I only need to loose about 15 pounds to be where I want to be. However I have 2 sisters who are about 50 pounds over weight each. They don't exercise or eat right. But the Dr gives them a prescription for Phentermine and they both lost 13 pounds in 3 weeks doing nothing:mad: I amean good for them But I am working my butt off and nothing budges. I am so frustrated because I don't think diet pills are the answer...however they are dropping weight like crazy...but will it stay off when they don't take them. I don't think so. I hopw they get motivated to change their life styles as they see the weight coming off so they can be healthy for the long run..............heres to working our *kitten* off the right way......:drinker:

Replies

• monicayogima
    Options
    OK I know I am going to get it for bringing this up but I am truly frustrated be this one. I have seriously platued at my weight for some time now. I exercise and stay within my calories (most days) and I stay the same weight. I have not gained:smile: but I don't loose either, I only need to loose about 15 pounds to be where I want to be. However I have 2 sisters who are about 50 pounds over weight each. They don't exercise or eat right. But the Dr gives them a prescription for Phentermine and they both lost 13 pounds in 3 weeks doing nothing:mad: I amean good for them But I am working my butt off and nothing budges. I am so frustrated because I don't think diet pills are the answer...however they are dropping weight like crazy...but will it stay off when they don't take them. I don't think so. I hopw they get motivated to change their life styles as they see the weight coming off so they can be healthy for the long run..............heres to working our *kitten* off the right way......:drinker:
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Yep, that stuff works until you stop taking it. Then BAM, back come the pounds. All those cute smaller size clothes don't fit and you just have to take the weight off the right way for them to fit.
    I'm at a plateau point right now myself, which is a real crapper, but I know that I can break it, eventually. It's hard, but stick to it and you will get it done (I'm repeating this to myself too!!!):flowerforyou:
  • searls717
    Options
    I have personally taken phentermine in the past. The weight will ALWAYS come back unless there is a lifestyle change. I drank at least one 44 oz soda a day, plus ate whatever I wanted to (when I was hungry) and lost 30 lbs on phentermine. As soon as I stopped taking it, the weight came back plus some. So I would suggest that both of your sisters make a lifestyle change otherwise they will gain all of the weight back and probably a few pounds in addition. You are doing it the right way, so keep going girl! You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • aprildpettitt
    Options
    Yeah, been there...done that - several times! The weight always comes back cause I could literally eat NOTHING when I was taking that...maybe a bowl of cereal for the entire day. So, duh - I lost weight, but I didn't learn anything! :noway:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Weren't there studies on that drug causing serious heart issues? I could totally be wrong.
  • aprildpettitt
    Options
    Weren't there studies on that drug causing serious heart issues? I could totally be wrong.

When used in combination with the fenfluramine like it was when it first came out. That hurt a lot of people, guess I was lucky cause I "did" that too.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options

When used in combination with the fenfluramine like it was when it first came out. That hurt a lot of people, guess I was lucky cause I "did" that too.

Got ya, well I am glad none of you guys were hurt from that.

In all honesty, you may feel down about your sisters easy loss, but is it real and lasting? Look at your calorie intake. See if bumping it up for a week or so doesn't rejump it. Our bodies are like us, sometimes they just get bored with the same ol routine.
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yep, that stuff works until you stop taking it. Then BAM, back come the pounds. All those cute smaller size clothes don't fit and you just have to take the weight off the right way for them to fit.
    I'm at a plateau point right now myself, which is a real crapper, but I know that I can break it, eventually. It's hard, but stick to it and you will get it done (I'm repeating this to myself too!!!):flowerforyou:

One great way to break a plateau is to eat more...shake things up a bit...your body gets used to a certain amount of 'calories' a day and so EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE, shake it up by adding a few hundred calories (preferrably of healthy choice foods) to your day.....try it for a couple days and you will be shocked to see the scale actually go down....been there and done it, so know it works...it is what weight watchers tells you also.....
  • monicayogima
    Options

One great way to break a plateau is to eat more...shake things up a bit...your body gets used to a certain amount of 'calories' a day and so EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE, shake it up by adding a few hundred calories (preferrably of healthy choice foods) to your day.....try it for a couple days and you will be shocked to see the scale actually go down....been there and done it, so know it works...it is what weight watchers tells you also.....

I am going to try this I just went and bought lots of fruits, whole wheat crackers and hummus and vegis ....time to snack thanks
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Phentermine is a bad bad bad idea. I took it for a while and lost tons of weight (plus my sanity) I was hardly eating anything. I think the lack of nutrition did something to my brain as well as wreaked havoc on my body. As soon as I stopped taking it I packed on the weight I had lost plus 15 pounds. Not good. So not only could I not fit into my cute new skinny clothes...I couldn't fit into me "fat" girl clothes. And after a two years, I think my mind and body are finally starting to level back out.
    Good for you for doing it the healthy way and please try to talk to your sisters about the horrible affects of phetermine.
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I took it to help get off the weight after my 1st baby, because it was not budging at all, no matter what I did. It worked, but after taking it for the 3 months, which is all that I was allowed to do by the Dr., It started creaping back. I was soon pregnant with my 2nd, so it all came back, obvisouly. :ohwell:

You may be taking the harder road, but you are doing it right. It is a battle, one that you, we all can, win.:flowerforyou: