Healthy salad dressings?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I use Walden Farms Bacon Ranch Dressing. Calorie Free, Fat Free, Carb Free, Sugar Free.Gluten Free
    Only thing it has is 275 mg of sodium per 2 TBLSP

Creamy and makes me think im eating some creamy *kitten* bad for you ranch lol.

Ingredients:
    Triple Filtered Purified Water, Distilled While Vinegar, Vegetable fiber,Chopped onion,Garlic,Buttermilk Flavoring (non dairy), Sour Cream flavoring (non dairy) sea salt,Imitation bacon soy bits, lemon juice, xanthan gum, sucralose,food color,sodium benzoate (to preserve freshness) biotin (B8) Vit B5,Vit B3,Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E

lemon/Lime and salsa are good too!!

Salads are amazing with just about anything in them. Love Black beans in them!
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I do Wal-Mart's Great Value fat-free Italian. 2 tbsp = 15 calories.
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My dressing of choice has become Red Wine Vinegar
  • Nurse_Christy
    Nurse_Christy Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Walmart's Marketside brand has a really good yogurt chipotle ranch that is 25 cals per serving.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I am not one of the people who can eat salads with just olive oil or lemon or vinaigrette..i need the good stuff.. I usually use Ranch/Chipotle Ranch/Honesy Mustard/Ginger Soy Peanut dressings..The only thing i try to make it lower calories is use less dressings and i have started adding Sriracha..yummm
    To get more texture to the salad, you can add avacado too..that helps
  • pavrg
    pavrg Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    My personal take: drop salads altogether.

When you cut out croutons, cheese, bacon, chicken, and fatty dressings they stop tasting good. And if you include that stuff you are eating a lot of calorie dense toppings before even eating your real meal.

Just stay away. It's extra calories you don't need. Have an extra helping of a veggie side dish with dinner instead.
  • threesixten
    threesixten Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    straight balsamic vinegar! sometimes i whisk some mustard into it.
  • larsen626
    larsen626 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Western Family - Light Asian Ginger and Toasted Sesame Seed Dressing 2 tablespoons 35 cals and another favorite is mild Salsa 10 cals per 2 tbls!! the onion one sounds great though
  • Super_Amy
    Super_Amy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse has some tasty creamy dressings that are made with yogurt instead of whatever else people use. It also has lower sodium. You find this dressing in the produce section of the grocery store and it is around 45 calories a 2 tablespoon serving. I get the Ranch.
  • funkygas
    funkygas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I never really liked dressings on my salad, but came across this one and think it's absolutely awesome. Balsamic vinegar, mustard and a little olive oil.

http://cookathome.info/balsamic-mustard-salad-dressing/
  • pammysue01
    pammysue01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use 1.5 avocados w/ .5 cup plain chobani greek yogurt and blend in the food processor. I like to add garlic, black and cayene pepper and onion powder. I keep it in a jar in the fridge and it lasts all week. 2 tbsp is a serving and it makes about 8 servings.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Balsamic vinegar, horseradish mustard, and olive oil. I'm also sad if my salad does not contain avocado or guacamole.
  • jeardawg
    jeardawg Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I use 2 tbl spoons of light sour cream and salsa.
  • Tofteberg
    Tofteberg Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I like the store bought fat free Italian. What really make the salad is feta cheese. It's so salty delicious that you can use a tiny bit and get big flavor. I also like crunchy on salads I usually use toasted almonds or sesame seeds. Of course lots of veggies and romaine and spinach. Yum
  • julie3231
    julie3231 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is a good one from Skinnytaste.com I usually add a little siracha to it for kick.

Ingredients:

1 medium red ripe tomato
    1 clove crushed garlic
    1 tbsp red wine vinegar
    3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    1 tsp dijon mustard
    1 tbsp lemon juice
    2 tbsp water
    1/2 tsp oregano
    salt and fresh pepper to taste
    1 tbsp minced shallot

Directions:

Chop tomato in food processor. Add crushed garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, water, dijon mustard, oregano, salt and pepper. Pulse a few times until smooth.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you mean by "healthy" since food is food, but some of my favorites are the Bolthouse ranch, litehouse Big Bleu, and Maple Grove Farms vinaigrettes.

Rigger
  • lovelayla
    lovelayla Posts: 123
    Options
    Bolt house farms Yogurt Ceaser Parmigiano...45 cal for 2TB
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Panera Poppyseed, so sweet tasting.

I sometimes mix my raspberry vinaigrette with Kens Steakhouse Creamy Caesar Lite for a creamier dressing.
  • jabby2us
    jabby2us Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sarendipty,

Where do you get the Walden Free Dressing?
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I use Walden Farms Bacon Ranch Dressing. Calorie Free, Fat Free, Carb Free, Sugar Free.Gluten Free
    Only thing it has is 275 mg of sodium per 2 TBLSP

Creamy and makes me think im eating some creamy *kitten* bad for you ranch lol.

Ingredients:
    Triple Filtered Purified Water, Distilled While Vinegar, Vegetable fiber,Chopped onion,Garlic,Buttermilk Flavoring (non dairy), Sour Cream flavoring (non dairy) sea salt,Imitation bacon soy bits, lemon juice, xanthan gum, sucralose,food color,sodium benzoate (to preserve freshness) biotin (B8) Vit B5,Vit B3,Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E

lemon/Lime and salsa are good too!!

Salads are amazing with just about anything in them. Love Black beans in them!

i love walden farms 0 calories o sugar dressings