First NSV - at the gym!

Options
lemonsnowdrop
lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
I was lifting weights the other day, and while I was taking a break a guy came up and asked if I played for the college's softball team. I laughed and said no, asked why he thought that, and he said, "You look like an athlete!" I thanked him and said no, I'm not in shape enough for sports. He said, "You seem pretty in shape to me."

Smiled for like the next fifteen minutes. :)

Replies

• disneygirl626
    disneygirl626 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Love it! That's a great NSV.
  • cnl91_W
    cnl91_W Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That's such a great feeling :)
  • SillaWinchester
    SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Amazing NSV! You know you're doing something right when you not only see the change in yourself, but when others start seeing it too. Keep up the amazing work! :)
  • MuZeta93
    MuZeta93 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Whoo! Awesome!
  • bassclef19
    bassclef19 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! That's some great motivation.

What does NSV mean? lol
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! That's some great motivation.

What does NSV mean? lol

Non Scale Victory
  • bassclef19
    bassclef19 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • emilyasdf
    emilyasdf Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    This is adorable! :3 Love it.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    That's awesome - what a great compliment :)

I, on the other hand, get an older gentlemen offering to help me rack my weights when I finished my workout. :ohwell:

Not the most encouraging moment, even though he said "I know you can rack these yourself, but ..."

I'm choosing to save face and believe he saw my muscles shaking (I'd failed on 2 lifts) and thought it was a good idea to lend a hand. I really felt like snapping at him, but I was polite. :grumble:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!