Counting Calories for the First Time

saldanaagency
saldanaagency Posts: 19
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hey, my name is Sal. I am 35 yrs old. I am trying trying to get in shape by my birthday in March. I want to loose. 20 pounds. I weigh 176 pounds today. I am counting calories for the first time ever. I started a week ago and I am already seeing results! I am learning how to cook! I am saving money on lunch because I gave up fast food. I am exercising daily. I am hoping to meet other people for inspiration and to exchange recipies!

Replies

• clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    HI there,

Good on you for doing this. You will save a fortune and feel much better for not having convenience food at lunch. I used to have Starbucks for breakfast and then work my way around all the local sandwich shops at lunchtime making sure I had crisps and a fizzy drink every day.

Now I have yoghurt and a cereal bar and herbal tea in the morning, and soup for lunch. I have way more energy and more money in my pocket - so it is a win-win!

Good luck with the weight loss but I'm sure these changes alone will set you on the right track.

C
  • You will definitely find that between counting calories and keeping the daily food log the pounds will begin to fall off! I was so unaware of how much I was putting in my mouth because I was a snacker. Those calories add up so quickly. The accountability to myself and to others on this has been the key. Te exercise you are doing is awesome because you get the bonus calories, you will feel awesome, and you will see your body begin to take shape much more quickly. I had a yummy meal last night that I will pass along. I prepared it in 30 min.

*Chicken & Mushrooms- 6 thin sliced chicken breasts, flour, olive oil,seasoning(I used Tony Chachere's) 1 small can of mushrooms, 1/4c sherry. -Lightly season and dust with flour. Pan fry both sides in olive oil. Set aside on plate until all are cooked. Place all chicken back in pot, pour mushrooms and it's juice and sherry over chicken. Cover and simmer for 25 min. Sherry will cook down and does not have a strong flavor and it is delicious!!!

*Zucchini/yellow squash- Slice as you like, cook in skillet with olive oil and garlic. Add Tony's and crumble one chicken boullion cube over it. Toss until cooked but still crunchy. Fabulous!

*Rice/Vegetables- Cook rice adding low sodium chicken broth instead of water. Set aside. In a large skillet saute a chopped onion and 1/2 chopped bell pepper in butter. Cook but leave crunchy. Mix cooked rice and veg. mix until mixed well. We decided afterwards that diced carrots and maybe a few peas would have also been good in there. OMG! Wonderful dish.

Best of luck! You are doing great. And you are sure to look amazing for your birthday!
  • Thank you for the recipie! I will try it tonight!
This discussion has been closed.