Looking for newly weds and mfp-ers in their 20's

Options
Hey!

I'm a returning mfp member, I lost 30 last year for my wedding and have put 10-15 lbs back on :(. Looking to lose some weight and MAINTAIN, in it for the long haul!

I struggle with sweets and drinking my cals (that after drink glass of wine or two gets me every time) and getting off my butt to work out. How about you?

Replies

• say_pocket
    say_pocket Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 20's and in maintenance mode. And I have a problem with drinking my calories too. "A glass or two" of wine after work turns into my roommate and I drinking a bottle and a half and singing karaoke in our living room every time. I feel your struggle.

Welcome back to MFP and good luck!
  • AlliSteff
    AlliSteff Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Eek don't think I am too old at 31! I have been married for 2.5 years, and my husband and I BOTH drink our calories, mostly with wine at home (I am learning to say no to wine every night!) and beer when we go out. Sighh

I have dfeinitely toned down the midweek wine....only do weekday wine for special occassions or a really rough work day. But the weekend still gets me
  • disneygirl626
    disneygirl626 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 and just got married in October. I have been on and off of here for years. I struggle with not exercising enough but last year I gave up alcohol for awhile. I've had one drink in the last year (to celebrate when I got engaged). My husband and I are trying to lose weight together and for now we're trying to stick to mostly water. We still drink the occasional tea or diet soda but very rarely. Granted I have a lot more weight to lose than you lol but I'm turning into sort of a water addict anyway. I love how refreshed I feel and how healthy my skin and hair look.

Anyone here is welcome to add me if they want an active and supportive friend.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I got married on Jan. 1st of this year, so very much a newlywed! Also 20 years old. :) I also used to struggle with sweets. Anything sweet is my downfall!
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I am 28 and have been married almost 2 years now. I gained about 20 or 25 pounds after I got married on top of weight I needed to lose anyway :p

Anyone can feel free to add me :)
  • framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm not married but I am 20. If you want to add me feel free :)
  • HanaNikki
    HanaNikki Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm 26 and got married in July. After the wedding, I've just gained a little bit and I've already lost it by now, but I'd like to lose a bit more weight. Feel free to add me :)
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I got married last June, and I'm 28. I have gained an alarming amount of weight (about 25lb) over the winter - oops! Very happy for anyone to add me.