Anyone else here for cosmetic weight loss?

Options
Hi! I just got involved in this site, and I'm really loving what I see. Is anyone else losing weight for looks as opposed to a medical concern? I'd love to swap tips or recipes with other looking to join me.

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    100% for vanity right here. I've never been overweight and I'm totally healthy, I just want to look good.
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Same. I'm not letting myself buy a new bikini until I look the way I should wearing it.
  • mishanwin
    Options
    yup pretty much the same here, i had a baby 6 months ago and feel like crap because i pu on soo much weight and i was always tiny growing up.
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Me- my BMI is into the normal range but I want to lose a bit more to make myself feel better when I look in the mirror. Of course since I only have about 8-9lbs to go, I'm finding it is HARD!!! Damn vanity weight
  • JuliRamone
    JuliRamone Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Both here.

Of course I want to be healthy and get fit, but I also aim for a nice body :)
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Couldn't have said it better myself! My BMI is like....20.3, I think. But I'm flabby, and that's no good.
  • TheBadToe
    TheBadToe Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Im in this for vanity. Also I want to be faster and stronger than the bad guys I have to catch.
  • Noamsh
    Noamsh Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yep. All I want is to be f-ing HOT.
  • ddslowly
    ddslowly Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    yeah. i like being a little squishy but my jeans were getting a bit snug and i'd rather fit them than have to buy new ones.
  • Staniel_2013
    Staniel_2013 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    No other way to say it, I'm in this to be sexy. :bigsmile:
  • _tierachanel
    _tierachanel Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    A little of both for me! I mean who doesn't wanna look sexy!?
  • albatrossmarie
    Options
    Absolutely. I'd really like to slim way down.... but don't technically need to? lol
  • gapeach1279
    gapeach1279 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I know mine is cosmetic, but I also know working out and getting fit will make me feel better physically also. I think wanting to look better than we currently do is a good thing, it keeps us motivated.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Yep! I want to look good! How good I feel and how much knowledge I've acquired are definite bonuses. But I really do want to wear cute clothes and look good!
  • Stary714
    Stary714 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. I mean technically losing weight will make me healthier but I want to lose weight so Summer of '14 I can rock shorts, skirts and a Victoria's Secret Bikini :)
  • Vicxie86
    Vicxie86 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    A colleague at work said this to me last week "but you don't need to lose weight, you look good", my reply? "good? good isn't good enough, i want to be SMOKIN' HOT!"
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I've been feeling a lot better mentally, emotionally and physically since I started working out and eating whole foods, and I am definitely leading a healthier lifestyle, but I have never been overweight and am seeking to lose weight purely cosmetically as well. Initially I started my journey because my clothes were fitting way too tight, which now 8 lbs later isn't the case, my clothes all fit great again. Currently I'm seeking to lose any excess fat that is preventing muscle definition to show, mostly in my hip and thigh area, so I can feel 100% confident in a teeny bikini again. My goal weight is 120 lbs, but my real goal is to go from 25.3% body fat to 20% body fat and lose inches on my waist, thighs and hips, so the number on the scale doesn't really matter once I reach that goal.
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm at a healthy weight. Have been for a few years. Just wanna take it to that next level of gorgeousness. :P
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Both. I have a lot of health problems due to my weight.

At the same time, I want to look the way I was when I was 18. I was HOT.
  • klaff411
    klaff411 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just got involved in this site, and I'm really loving what I see. Is anyone else losing weight for looks as opposed to a medical concern? I'd love to swap tips or recipes with other looking to join me.

Yerp.