help to find the time to work out

Options
I have two daughters 8 and 11 that are very active, a husband that works 2.5 hours one way and puts in over 70 hours a week, two dogs that need love, I volunteer with Making Strides and I work a full time job. How can I find the time to be active as well???? I am lucky to eat right (most of the imte) but I need to exercise as well. HELP! I have 30 pounds to lose but would like to keep it off this time.

Replies

• MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I get 2-15 min breaks at work, and I started out by just walking. do you get any breaks at work you could try that. at least to start out. I too don't have much time. I have 2 kids under age of 3, 3 dogs and 6 cats, and I have a full time job, and a part time job as well. And my husband works 12-15 hour days. so he can't even really help out around the house. I do everything for the most part, except sundays. thats his day off, and he helps then.
    so I started out walking on my breaks at work. and now I try to get up in the mornings before the kids to work out. that means 5am. but its the only way I can. good luck. anything is better than nothing.

I also do situps and pushups when I go to the bathroom. min here and there.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    I am not as busy as your are and I am lucky that my husband works from home so he helps a lot round the house and cooks dinner before I get there. But I have to little ones a 1 year old and a 3 year old work a full time job and drive one hour each way.
    I had the same question as you, how am I going to make the time to work out. But I made a sacrifice and no matter how tired I was the only time I had was once everyone was asleep at night which means I do not start my work out until 10:00 PM at night.

At first it was hard I was so tired that all I wanted to do was sleep, but once you start doing it and get into the routine your body ask for it and it becomes easier.

Good luck and I hope that you can find that time that works for you :)
  • molina76853
    Options
    I have a 9 year old son, 13 year old daughter and 1 dog. I have gotten them involved in my walking. My kids alternate taking turns walking with me and my dog walks with me all the time. I to have a hard time dedicating a full 60 minutes at a time so I do short walks 7-10 minutes at a time as often as I can in a day. I work at a school so every chance I get I walk around the library.
  • molina76853
    Options
    I agree, at first I didn't want to exercise and was not at all motivated but the more I do it the easier it gets.
  • Suunflwr37
    Suunflwr37 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I work in a multi-level building and I always take the stairs to another floor for what I need (bathroom/kitchen/copy machine/etc). Also, I've started walking on the treadmill (I have one at home) for 10 minutes each night. Often it turns into more time, but even if I'm super busy, and I only walk for 10 minutes - that's 10 minutes of exercise. And it's really hard for me to find an excuse to not walk for 10 minutes. :) Good luck!
  • Karasene
    Karasene Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty busy schedule myself. i runa daycare from my home which makes me on the go for 12 hours aday. I have 2 children 6 and 1.My husband works second shift and I'm the only one home with my children at night. I exercise after my kids go to bed. It was really hard at first but I pushed myself. It is something I have to do to loose weight. It also dosent take away from my quality time with them either. It is just part of the routine... homework, dinner, quality time, baths, tv time, bed, then workout time. I go to bed at 10pm and get up at 5am. I am very exhausted most days but I push throught it. I do the elliptical for 25 minutes 4x a week and strength tarin for 20 mins 3x a week! The only exercise i can do has to be done in my home because i don't have any other options :)

I hope you figure out what works best for you and i wish you the best of luck!!!!
  • Karasene
    Karasene Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I forgot my other children. I have a chocolate lab, a pitbull puppy and a very lazy cat lol!!! They all keep me busy now if just all the busy stuff would qualify for exercise I would be set hahaha!
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    when I worked FT and was working on weight loss I walked this big hill at work up and down for my breaks or circled the parking lot. you might just dance, while your cooking shake your booty. dance to the bathroom, dance every chance you can, with the kids, with the dog. my step mother lost a lot of weight once and all she did was dance. I also saw a lady on Dr Oz that danced away her pounds. good luck
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    I exercise after my kids go to bed. It was really hard at first but I pushed myself. It is something I have to do to loose weight. It also dosent take away from my quality time with them either. It is just part of the routine... homework, dinner, quality time, baths, tv time, bed, then workout time. I go to bed at 10pm and get up at 5am. I am very exhausted most days but I push throught it.

I totally agree with this part :) your routine sounds just like mine
  • kpepper07
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great ideas. I will start by walking on breaks at work.