Binged badly... what next?

Options
I was doing so well until yesterday, with exercise and eating at a deficit, I started eating cereal and egg in the morning for protein, an apple for a snack, rice for lunch and made my dinner light. My daily total has been around 1300 calories a day. But I binged crazy last night! After 1 am, I ate wildly and I'm sure my calorie total is at somewhere around 1700-1800 calories... if I don't eat for the rest of the day will these calories be utilised? Im so scared of throwing hard work out the window :sad: :sad:

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Im not a pro by all means, but one egg and one apple all day until dinner? what do you expect? feed yourself woman!
  • stephgetsfit2
    stephgetsfit2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Dont worry. Slip ups unfortunately happen. No need to beat yourself up about it.
    Today is a new day!
  • kiwitechgirl
    kiwitechgirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    First, 1700-1800 calories is not a binge. Even that many additional calories over and above your daily limit isn't really a binge. Secondly, if you think that's a binge, how many calories are you trying to stick to? If all you ate was an egg, an apple and a light dinner, then you are not eating anything like enough and it's no wonder you ate quite a bit more. What are your stats (height and weight) and how ugh did you tell MFP you wanted to lose per week?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    That's not a binge...1700-1800 calories is my normal day.

No worries tho one day wont prevent weight loss...you will still be in a deficet at the end of the week...

But on that note you probably should eat more food...your diary isn't open but based on what you said you ate you are at too big of a deficet...
  • amberxy
    amberxy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Eat more during the day! After only an egg and an apple I'd be binging as well. Don't let yourself go hungry :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I was doing so well until yesterday, with exercise and eating at a deficit, I started eating an egg in the morning for protein, an apple for a snack and made my dinner light. But I binged crazy last night! After 1 am, I ate wildly and I'm sure my calorie total is at somewhere around 1700-1800 calories... if I don't eat for the rest of the day will these calories be utilised? Im so scared of throwing hard work out the window :sad: :sad:

1800? That probably isn't even maintenance....
  • capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Oh no no, I don't eat only an egg and a apple, sorry my bad. I eat a bowl of cereal and an egg for breakfast, a rice dish that has mostly veggies and tofu in it (approximately 400-500 calories) for lunch, an apple for my snack and a veggie sandwich for dinner. So I eat approximately 1300 calories a day. I wanted to take today off from exercise, but now I feel I have to work these calories off!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Im not a pro by all means, but one egg and one apple all day until dinner? what do you expect? feed yourself woman!

Ya, pretty much, this.... Up-Arrow.png

If that's what you're trying to subsist on for most of the day... it's not working for you. And as was just said, 1700 - 1800 calories is not a binge. Odds are, you didn't even eat over maintenance.
  • greytniki
    greytniki Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone else here. You need to eat regular meals through the day. Then you won't get to the point where your starving and dive into a free for all. But since you think you did. Consider a couple of things. It could have been much worse. You admitted it, now move on. New day, new start your going to have days like that. Heck I just had 3 days of it, I called it "taking a break". I've been doing this for a year and a couple of months. Your going to want to take a break, its ok as long as you call it what it is, limit it and then get right back at it. You only fail if you give up when you fall.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    yup keep your body fed so that you don't binge - better to eat frequent snacks - if you are at 1600-1700 cals it's not that bad - take a look at mine today! Potlucks at work are a bad thing for me :grumble:

It's one day - I am usually pretty good most of the time but it happens and tomorrow I will be back to my regular diet and in the right calorie range - today it sucks but it is what it is - no point in beating myself up! :ohwell:
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    You ate 400 cals more than normal? That's not a binge....
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    That's not a binge. You're probably still in a deficit.
  • nking404
    nking404 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else you should be eating more freaquently an egg and an apple just isnt going to cut it. You gotta feed your body I had to learn the hard way, not eating enough eventually leads to a binge of some sort (but i honestly dont think you did). Just re think your eating habbits brush yesterday off and start fresh tomorrow Good luck!!
  • capriqueen
    Options
    MFP says I am supposed to eat 1750 calories on a sedentary day, and since I have not exercised yet, it's not a deficit... but I guess a little workout will help. Thanks everyone :)
  • capriqueen
    Options
    Nicely said^^^^^ And i also agree with everyone else you should be eating more freaquently an egg and an apple just isnt going to cut it. You gotta feed your body I had to learn the hard way, not eating enough eventually leads to a binge of some sort. Just re think your eating habbits brush tomorrow off and start fresh tomorrow Good luck!!

As I said, I don't eat just an egg and apple all day, I posted a typical day's diet in the thread.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Oh no no, I don't eat only an egg and a apple, sorry my bad. I eat a bowl of cereal and an egg for breakfast, a rice dish that has mostly veggies and tofu in it (approximately 400-500 calories) for lunch, an apple for my snack and a veggie sandwich for dinner. So I eat approximately 1300 calories a day. I wanted to take today off from exercise, but now I feel I have to work these calories off!

If it's not too late, you should go back and edit this into your first post. People who don't read past the first post, will continue to advise you about the 'egg and apple only thing....'

Please take the day off.... relax.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    MFP says I am supposed to eat 1750 calories on a sedentary day, and since I have not exercised yet, it's not a deficit... but I guess a little workout will help. Thanks everyone :)

MFP includes a deficit before exercise....