Anyone else with 10-20 pounds to lose?

Options
I just had my 2nd and last child in January. I am looking for motivation from others who are at their last stretch of weight loss before meeting their goals. I am getting discouraged because I haven't lost anymore weight in a couple weeks, but I think cheat days are what are setting me back and I am changing it to a cheat meal instead of a whole day of bad eating. My time to workout (cardio) is limited since I have a toddler and a newborn but I strive to get at least 20-30 minutes in a day. I weighed 162 right before having my son and I am down to 140 with the goal of 120-125. I would love some friends to help me reach my goal!

Replies

• bassclef19
    bassclef19 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am on my last 14.
    I totally get the cheat days slowing down reaching the goal. I have cheat weekends. My cheat weekend started today - I have already had two cookies and a tiny bit of icing from a birthday cake. I had to throw the slice of cake out.. it was just too much and it wasn't even mid day yet.
    I agree my cheating can go overboard. I work out as much as possible during the week and get really intense workouts on the weekend to supplement some of the cheating and of course.. lowering the amount of cheat meals I have (boo).

I am 169 now, looking to get down to my goal of 155.
    hope we can be friends!

Clare
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    You sound a lot like me! Sometimes weekends can be a bit rough for me....but I won't make it the whole day, maybe the evening part is cheating. :) I weigh 138 and my goal is 125...I'm so close I can smell it, but it's taking forever to get these last few off! :)
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Me :)

I started here at 146 I'm down to 135 looking to get somewhere in the 120s (probably 125?) I'll know it when I see it.

I don't have kids but I'm happy to be a motivating friend :D
  • auburngirl06
    auburngirl06 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting at 141 with an initial goal of 135. I'm think I want to move it to 130 though. I've used this site for a while and came back after I had my third (and final!) baby. I agree about the cheat day. I used it to eat everything and anything and it was so hard to get back on the next day. Now I choose a cheat meal during the weekend where I eat what I want and don't stress out about it. Love to be friends so we could motivate each other :)
  • 61nheels
    61nheels Posts: 1
    Options
    5"10 tall trying to get from 170 down to 155-160....Need all of the help and support I can get...My cheats are every OTHER weekend...my weaknesses are red wine with dinner.
  • Emedina1987
    Options
    Good to see some others that are just as close as I am to reaching your goals. If you haven't already added me feel free to. I know I can do this and I am happy to have people push me the rest of the way!
  • an0nemus
    an0nemus Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 10-20 lbs...though I need to do that about 2 or 3 times.... :)

Seriously though, I once got down to my final 9 and it was the hardest part of the journey...
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've already lost over 50 pounds, but I've still got another 13-18 to lose. I'm hoping to get to at least 130, and maybe 125. But it's getting very hard to lose weight! I'm training for a half-marathon and running so much, but it's so easy to just eat back almost all that I burn with exercise. Add in those random days when my diet goes a bit screwy on me, and my progress is very one step forward, one step back lately.

I just keep reminding myself that it's a marathon, not a sprint. I'm hoping I'm at around mile 19 or so, when it's the toughest part, and you just have to power through and those last few miles will be easy. [crosses fingers]

Good luck to you and everyone else here! We can do it!
  • cnflet2
    cnflet2 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    With two jobs, I am often exhausted come Saturday and much in need of a drink. I end up cheating all weekend. I only lost 1 lb in February because I gained back all my losses over the weekends.

I have been 10 lbs from my goal for several weeks now and I am hoping to break my plateau.
    Lets motivate each other!
  • kitkatbar972
    Options
    I'm 5'7-5'8 155lbs looking to get down to under 140lbs. I've been as low as 147lbs before but I gave up for a bit and bounced back up. My weaknesses are candy and chocolate but I'm trying to cut down on those or at least buy the small 30g bags and not the 200g ones haha. We can do it!
  • roxy_dolly
    roxy_dolly Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 years old, 5ft 8, currently at 159 with a goal of around 140lbs. I can't really call mine baby weight as he's 4 and I lost it once already dammit. But here I am again! Def on board with the cheat meals/weekends slowing things down. Would love to get some more friends for motivation and comparing diaries etc, please feel free to add me :)
  • Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Well I need to lose 27 more but I would be happy with 20 lol. You can add me . I have a baby thats 3 months and two more boys. I lost all my baby weight but I want to get back to skinny. Add me if you'd like :)}
  • nicwoj99
    nicwoj99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had reached goal and maintained it for a couple of years, then met a guy and voila, gained 25-30lbs over the course of a year....been trying to get it under control but it's been yo-yoing for months now.

we recently have broken up and I have to focus to get back down to the weight I was prior to when we started dating. I really need the self-confidence back.

I'm not sure it's cheat meals/days but that I overall eat to much. I am trying to be more consistent about logging my foods. I noticed that I naturally eat 1500-1700. But I only lose weight when my calorie intake is 1000-1200. I find that lower intake hard to maintain. if I could just make it a full week....
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I am here. I lost 35 pounds last year and want to lose the last 10 now. I am 5'8 and started at 185 almost exactly a year ago. I took a break after losing 35 pounds for about 5 months or so...now I am back to finally lose these last 10 pounds. I am 150 and want to be in the low 140's maybe even as low as 135. We will see.