Diarrhea from reintroducing junk food?

Options

Replies

• sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Your "cheat" for the week was A Reese's Peanut Butter cup?

That was the saddest cheat in all of humanity :(

Dammit I nearly busted my gut laughing at this.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept of one Reese's cup being the difference between a regular day and a cheat day.

Was it at least one of the special Christmas/Valentine's day ones that's the size of a dinner plate? If so, yes, that would give even me the scoots.

Or the Reese's eggs they have around this time of year?! Those seem to have the perfect peanut butter to chocolate ratio.

Yes! And the little Christmas tree ones too. I don't like the cups because the paper messes up the chocolate.

I like the oversized cups though. And the Peppermint Patties. I destroyed a pack of those on Christmas clearance. Serving size of 6 is just a recommendation - I pretended I was a mouse eating the comically sized thing. Disappointingly though, no diarrhea.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept of one Reese's cup being the difference between a regular day and a cheat day.

Was it at least one of the special Christmas/Valentine's day ones that's the size of a dinner plate? If so, yes, that would give even me the scoots.

Or the Reese's eggs they have around this time of year?! Those seem to have the perfect peanut butter to chocolate ratio.

heavy-breathing-cat.jpg
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    You ate the wrong candy bar.

hA370A0F6
  • hula808
    hula808 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My first junk meal (Kraft dinner and 2 hot dogs) after eating healthy for months.... I puke for the rest of the night.
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me before, especially with dairy products.

And if I'm reallly hungry then have a meal which isnt so healthy (pizza for example) the same thing will happen.

I dont know many facts about this situation but figured I'd share that you arent the only one :p

^^^ Amen! Me, too! I've been too embarrassed to ask if this happened to anyone else for years. Thanks OP, for "going there" for me. :blushing:
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Your "cheat" for the week was A Reese's Peanut Butter cup?

That was the saddest cheat in all of humanity :(

For real.

I don't know, I can go months without eating fast food, have some 3AM Taco Bell and it doesn't affect my digestive system at all.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    It's not necessary what you ate, it's that you cut it out of your diet and re-introduce it your body isn't used to it.

This can happen when you eat anything you're not used to. When I travel overseas I have a hard time handling the quisine, it's not because it's "bad", my body just isn't used to it.

The same thing can happen with someone who doesn't eat vegetables, fruit, what-have-you but then all of a sudden introduces them into their diet.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    It's not necessary what you ate, it's that you cut it out of your diet and re-introduce it your body isn't used to it.

This can happen when you eat anything you're not used to. When I travel overseas I have a hard time handling the quisine, it's not because it's "bad", my body just isn't used to it.

The same thing can happen with someone who doesn't eat vegetables, fruit, what-have-you but then all of a sudden introduces them into their diet.

I'm recalling a time when I ate pizza made with goat cheese when I was in Kuwait. That was an experience...
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Anytime I eat something greasy now (which means my cheat meal every week), I end up with terrible cramps and diarrhea. The cheese fries are totally worth it though :)
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I tend to be constipated, despite consuming lots of water, and I find that if I want to get things regular, one greasy meal will do it, and it has to be something with animal fat, like a hamburger or bacon, not something with olive oil.

I had a cheat day on Mardi Gras and ate 1 slice of pizza, actually healthy pizza, feta, cheese, and spinach. While I didn't get diahrrea, I did wake up in the middle of the night with terrible heartburn. Once you stop eating greasy stuff, your body actually does kind of react to it.
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I don't know what I was expecting coming in here, but...

homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I've been reading responses here and have to chime in. I am about to turn 31 and, after some point after college, like 23-25, after I quit eating junk food and started exercising, I experienced the same with junk food. More importantly, at least to myself, I started getting HANGOVERS! I used to rock the hell out of some Mickey's and some JD and lots of awful alcohol, and I never felt all that bad in the morning. Now, as much as I practice, I just can't get back to the college days.

I think we're getting old, guys. By that, I mean we aren't teenagers, anymore.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Just noticed, this thread is 2 years old.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Just noticed, this thread is 2 years old.

Seriously?!

24819bpthe-simpsons-homer-d-oh-posters.jpg
  • KBSwinger
    KBSwinger Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I don't think its any food in particular although a high fat diet that includes good or bad fats can make you run more. Take for example coconut oil that stuff oils you up good!!!
  • nerual13
    nerual13 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Definitely good that I'm not all alone lol! It kinda ruins the cheat day. Either that or my body is telling me in a pretty direct manner that I shouldn't be having cheat days.

This! After about three weeks of eating fresh foods and skipping the processed stuff, even adding a little pasta with cream sauce or something else fatty just kills me! I feel sluggish and sick. Instead of cheat day, look at small ways to add little bits of good things back into your daily plan. I'm finding that its much easier to stay with this when I have a good balance of food. Example - added goat cheese to my egg whites and veggies this morning. Super tasty addition and my body didn't go crazy.
  • obsidianjaguar
    Options
    This is quite a common thing I have it , My girlfriend has it , all the people replying to this thread have it and a quick scan of Google says there are A LOT of people who have this sudden "rejection" of " bad food" .... the most common , in my observation are ... Coffee with full cream cows milk and sugar .... Then dairy in general , and Wheat ... and the wrong types of fats , and oils are also a common sensitivity ... Less common are people who have bad reactions to nightshade faimly plants ( potatoes , tomatoes) .. (re) introducing these foods after cleansing your body of them can produce a cramps, sharp pains in the gut , bloating and water retention , Explosive diarrhea , tiredness and lethargy , depression , and lots of other more subtle things like Extreme hungry , and sugar or carb cravings ...
    I am not a doctor , nutritionists, or anything like that , but I do have a theory about what is happening ...
    I think much like the way a person can become tolerant of poisons and medicines over time , the human body can also become tolerant of the things in our food which are not ideal ... Sort of like a low grade food allergy or what you might term food sensitivity ....

This is not to say that the fact that your body is not reacting means it is not under stress from dealing with those things, it almost is like your body has been trying to tell you something and you haven't been listening , so it gives up :) .. Actually it is more likley to be an adaptation ..

When we give the body a break and feed it good food , then what ever mechanism is in place that reduces symptoms of the food sensitivity are quickly activated and we get the message loud and clear . Also at play is the fact that the majority of people who have been eating junk for many years , do not really know what it feel like to be healthy , and once that is experienced , then going back to your previous baseline can be a shock :) .. just my two cents worth .. Im keen to hear others thoughts :)
  • DeMartino16
    DeMartino16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ok this happened to me yesterday carrying into today. my cheat meal was two steak tacos and my body is ANGRY at me for it. I'm miserable to say the least running back and forth to the bathroom ever since, never again.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    *sigh* why do people have to talk about poop :'(