To Cake or Not to Cake?

Options
So we are having a december birthday celebration today at work, this means there will be a cake party. I am going to track run training tonight, but I am also going to a dinner after it. I was alreaady planning on having the dinner be a salad, and wanted to make it as healthy as possible. Should I eat the cake? My WI is tomorrow morning...

Replies

• jalovec
    Options
    Just ask yourself if it's worth it. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. I love cake- I'd probably eat it only if it was a really delicious looking cake.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I never turn down office cake (we only have it once every few months), but I eat 1/2 a piece. I usually estimate it at 150 or 200 calories (depending on how fancy the cake is) and can ALWAYS work that into my day. It's CAKE we're talking about, here.

Charmagne
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I'm not in this to never be able to have birthday cake again! That being said, I have found it easier to skip things I don't like. Ie, if the cake had a fruit filling or that super duper sweet frosting I would probably either skip it or scrape off most if not all of the filling and frosting and just have a little bit of cake. Before I allowed myself to eat "junk" I would have scarfed the whole thing no matter how hungry I was or if I really liked it or not.
  • bluejean1012
    bluejean1012 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We are having cake today too!! I have been fretting over this too. I am going to get a piece, but only eat part of it and take the rest home to my bf. I say if it looks good and you really want some, have some with moderation! Dont deny yourself too much!
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Will having it, lead to other things? If not, does it have to be a full piece? How about just a corner, or a half a piece. I'd skip it but I'm not a big cake person.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I would say do it, but I love dessert/sweets! Maybe first scout out the cake and see if it's worth the calories? Some cakes are just "mehhh" so if it's that kind of cake...I wouldn't splurge. Just have a small piece and drink some water with it. Cake shouldn't affect your weigh-in at all (as long as it's not loaded with sodium).
  • corderoinkuna
    Options
    "it's ok to lick the cake!" from the book All is Forgiven Move on.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Since I bake my own cakes (and cookies, pies, etc.) from scratch I'm a huge snob when it comes to baked goods. I find more store bought cakes to be totally disgusting, especially the frosting. So I don't have too much trouble resisting. That said, there's no reason you can't give yourself a break. If you really want the cake, have a piece! It's not going to hurt your long term goals or your weigh in tomorrow.
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    PS this cake comes from a fancy bakery here in SF town :)