You get the love you think you deserve?

Options
adeo1234
adeo1234 Posts: 16 Member
Hi everyone,

I want your thoughts on the saying, "you get the love you think you deserve". It seems to be playing on my mind at the moment. This is mostly because being overweight at 5ft 8 and 13st 10lb (192lbs) I always thought no right guy would want me. Its only today that I'm finally realising that your looks or weight don't define your worth and that we all deserve love.

What's your thought? :smile:

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Screw the "norm".
    Love the one you want to love :flowerforyou:
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I'm getting more love than i think i deserve. i honestly think she and my close friends that live with her are nuts for loving me but every time i point it out they get upset so i just keep quiet lol
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    I think this saying is true. If you're happier with yourself then you're less likely to do things that often hinder budding romance and you're more likely to be straightforward about what you want/need from prospective partners. You don't end up settling for a second rate lover because you think nobody else will want you, you go right for the good stuff!
  • cns94
    cns94 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    This is definitely true. People that don't appreciate themselves for what they truly are will settle for less than what they truly deserve. And anyone that loves you for exactly how you are and wouldn't change you for the world is the best love you could ever have.
  • StartingTheRightWay
    Options
    I think the quote is "we accept the love we think we deserve" which is honestly very truthful. If we don't think we're good enough then we'll only take what we think we deserve, not what we truly do.