NSV: Younger sibling's clothing fits!

Options
abatonfan
abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
I finally noticed last night that I have nothing to wear for my senior project presentation less than a week away. Even the pencil skirt that I got back in late November was very loose and would need to be secured with a belt. As the lazy person I am, I decided to raid my younger sister's closet (two years younger than me but in a size 9).

I went into her closet and found the perfect outfit. It is a grey knee-length dress with black lace accents over the shoulders and pockets within the dress to store my meter and glucose tablets while presenting. All I needed to do was add a belt and a black pair of pumps, and I am set for the presentation.

Out of curiosity, I tried on more of her dresses. I tried on a size 10 black strapless dress with a sequined upper half, and it fit perfectly. A little short, yes, but still perfect. I was thrilled, and I went straight for the holy grail: the size 9 pink and zebra-print homecoming dress she absolutely loves. After fighting with my sister over her favorite dress, I tried it on and it ended up fitting me. By this time, I was elated, and my little sister was in tears as she found out I can now raid her wardrobe.

Something popped into my mind as I went downstairs to show my family. Around seven years ago (fifth grade), I bought myself a prom dress for the formal night of a cruise I was going on that summer. It was this beautiful strapless champagne dress with a cutout back and corset-like torso. I checked the size, and it was a 10. Even when considering that what was a 10 seven years ago might be a size 7 in today's sizes, I went ahead and tried it on. I managed to squeeze myself in it, and it fit perfectly! It felt great being able to bring back those memories, and I am elated that I now have a free prom dress if I decide to go to my senior prom (even if squeezing out of it is an issue).

What a huge motivator to get myself to finally lose the last few pounds and return to a healthy weight! :happy:

Replies

• annie61702
    annie61702 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I love this story! I'm a lot older than you, but I can relate to having a skinnier younger sister. I am now also the same size as her, but I am 4 inches taller (which bugs the crap out of her). So I know how you feel. Congrats on your success!
  • LankyYankee
    LankyYankee Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I had a similar situation but with raiding my then 12 year old daughter's closet (much to her dismay). Isn't it amazing to put on something you viewed as "tiny" and have it fit! I think that visual encouragement is even better than the scale. Congratulations to you on the victory! Keep up the great work :flowerforyou:
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great success! Keep up the amazing work!~
    Blessings!!
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    This is a 2 way street. You being able to raid your sister's wardrobe means that as you buy new clothes that fit, she can raid yours!

Last time my sister was here she ended up wearing some of my clothes, which was a bit surprising because I have always been the bigger sister.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!