Success with PCOS!!

Options
Hi ladies!!
I'm a girl who did a lot of PCOS posting, asking how others have dealt with it and what has their success rate been with pregnancy. You know, the whole nine! Anyway, I'm here to say that you can have successful weight loss and lifestyles with PCOS! Last year, I lost 30 lbs. It took a while for sure, but it was possible! I stuck to a strict clean menu and worked my butt off at the gym. I somehow turned into a runner and light lifter. The best thing is, today I am 4 months pregnant! My husband and I got pregnant after 1.5 months of trying. It was a huge shock, as I thought this would be a long hard journey. My doc attributes the easiness of getting pregnant with my weight loss from last year. Seriously, don't give up on yourselves! Those of you trying to conceive, let each workout push you harder, knowing your body will thank you and bless you with what you want and dream of! Of course, my case might be a little extreme with getting pregnant so fast, but it's worth the time invested into it!! Weight loss IS possible with PCOS! Don't let the frustration of taking so much longer than the normal person upset you!

Replies

• Drkchyld
    Drkchyld Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!
  • amethyst70
    Options
    Congrats!! I too suffer from PCOS. My kids are 20,10,8 & 4. For that 10 yr gap I couldn't get pregnant mno matter what. DX was secondary infertility due to PCOS. I went on Atkins for a year and became pg. After 2nd child was born went on Atkins to lose baby weight and became pg again, total surprise. So when wanting my last child I did Atkins again and tada got pg. Atkins LC and weight loss is like a magic fertility spell for me. Lol.

I am so happy for you and your accomplishments. :)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Yes indeed it is
  • laleonadr
    laleonadr Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yay there is hope! Congrats =)