burning some belly fat. my diet is working well

Options
Ok, here is my story

My name is Dan. i am 35 years old, 5 foot 6 inches tall and around 145 LBS at the moment. i have developed some belly fat that i am working on getting rid of i just started a new diet and so far it has been working very well in a very short period of time. you cant really tell from my profile pic but i have to much fat on my belly, the rest of my body is fat free.

in my early to mid 20's i worked-out allot and packed on allot of muscle, than i kind of got lazy and started working out here and there but not really sticking with it, I had a job that was quite physical so that helped me stay in shape. 3 or 4 years ago i hurt my back and it has not been right since and i have not really been able to do much physical activity that requires lifting and bending at the same time.

last year when my back locked up on me i went to see a chiropractor who also deals with sports injuries kind of like a physical therapist i guess. she seems to think my back never got better because i got lazy after i hurt it and did pretty much nothing as far as physical activity after i hurt it. i even got a job that does not require much strenuous activity after the injury . in her opinion my lower back muscles are weak from my laziness which is causing my back pain to continue. the back exercises she gave me hurt my back and i was worried it would lock up again. so i gave up on that.

4 or 5 months ago i started working out again but very lightly, my back started to feel slightly better, after 2 months i started working out a little harder and heavier, now i am up to working out with light to medium weight but i still need to watch what i do so i don't hurt my back... i would say my back is feeling 60% better as of right now but i am still careful with it. when it locks up all the muscles spasm and lock up on me and i am down for a couple of weeks when it happens.

i just found a few lower back exercises that don't hurt my back as long as i use light weight and really work those lower back muscles. i am doing these very light and with very little weight , i just started these a few weeks ago and my back is feeling allot better, i think my back will be in pretty good shape soon. at least i hope.

for now i am trying to burn off this fat belly and get my body and lower back feeling strong again., ill worry about packing on muscle after my back is feeling better, i build muscle easy so even my light workouts have packed on a little muscle and i am starting to look and feel pretty good except for my belly so i decided to try to count calories.

after 4 or 5 months of working out i have not lost any belly fat. so i decided to look into what the problem was. i though i was on a diet but it turns out i was eating way more calories per day than i should have been, last week i started putting together a diet and counting calories. so far the new diet is working out great..

my new diet, this is what i am eating thew out the day, i am trying to eat every 2-3 hours.
2-3 cups or rice with veggies and black beans, 2 ham and cheese sandwiches, 1 protein shakes, 3 or 4 eggs and a banana. i switched from soda pop to black coffee, this way i get my caffeene with out adding allot of extra calories from the soda pop, coffee has next to no calories.

my belly has gone from what i would call kind of gross to not so bad in less than 2 weeks on this diet. i am shooting for around 2k calories a day right now. it looks like i was eating 300-3400 calories per day before i started this diet and i was not eating so healthy either.

i should probably add, i don't really do any cardio except for beat on my punching dummy, i just do weight training. i use my total gym knock off. 15-25 lb dumbbell or body weight exercises right now.

Replies

• happyrelation
    Options
    Young adults are already in a category that lose weight a lot faster than say someone who is 45.
    I am 40 and found P90X and Insanity worked well..very well. Bill Phillips Body for Life worked very well years ago.
    And I wanted something that was easier on my body, didn't take as much time, and I didn't have to think about what my next meal was going to be.
    I researched and found two that my full criteria. I know there are more out there...
    First I found one that is great for men and women at http://buildthemuscle.net.
    And the one I decided to do because it has a great support system of women doing the program and finished the program, just for women, and simply laid out and guaranteed and I found it at http://inshapenow.net.
    I'm losing on average 1 1/2 pounds a week.
    I think one of the keys to success is setting yourself up for success. Find a plan that is realistic to your lifestyle so you aren't cheating or angry at yourself for missing a workout or a meal.

To your lifestyle change!