Unexplained weight gain.

Options
Hi Everyone,Just weighed in and have gained 6lbs. 6lbs?!? Before today I have lost, 7,3,1,3.5,8.1,4.8 = 27.4lbs Good, I know. This week has been good, not perfect, but neither were the previous weeks. But still good nether the less. Have changed nothing.

I cannot fathom out where 6lbs have come from.

I'm disappointed of course. Not giving up, I have to do this. Just a bit low.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Is it a known thing?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Mike

Replies

• thatlittlebit
    thatlittlebit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Eaten something salty yesterday?
    Not been to the toilet in a while?
  • Noam3k
    Noam3k Posts: 14
    Options
    Water weight probably. Have you eaten something salty in the last time ? Or used a lot spices (most contain a lot of sodium).

If you're still on deficit and doing activities then you're fine. Check again in a week, if it keeps rising look for changes in diet you did in the last time and try to cut a bit more kcal/add more cardio/HIIT.
  • MikeCalvert
    MikeCalvert Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did up my water intake yesterday from about 1.5 to 3 liters. But can't really imagine it making that much of a difference.
    Not really a salt person, unlike my other half who tends to add food to her salt.
    Off to the gym now.
    Not disheartened, just annoyed. Had just 3lbs to lose till able to use my new Tanita BF scales. Now I have 9.
    M.
  • thatlittlebit
    thatlittlebit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ok so 1.5 litres extra weighs 3.3lbs, maybe your body just isn't used to having so much water in and is retaining it. 3 litres of water would be 6.6lbs