Yo-yo weight

Options
My starting weight was 264, I started tracking my cals on Feb 5, 2014. I have been doing water aerobics 3 days a week and walking 2 other days. Yesterday AM my weight was 252, this AM it was 256? This is not the first time this has happened. Can anyone give ant advice? Feeling discouraged.

Replies

• sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    weight fluctuates all of the time. you eat anything particularly high in sodium yesterday? wearing different clothes? using same scale in same spot on floor? all of these things are factors.
  • darleneasher328
    darleneasher328 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Same cloths, same place, and I didn't eat any more sodium than usual. I didn't drink as much water yesterday as usual ( I only had 64 oz come paired to the 128 oz I usually have) could that make that much of a difference?
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    electronic scale? check batteries.

you don't gain 4 lbs in a night... it's mostly water retention/processed or unprocessed foods in your GI tract.
  • darleneasher328
    Options
    Will do. Ty.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Same cloths, same place, and I didn't eat any more sodium than usual. I didn't drink as much water yesterday as usual ( I only had 64 oz come paired to the 128 oz I usually have) could that make that much of a difference?

You're female & our weight fluctuates for MANY reasons. Muscles retain water for repair after exercise. TOM effects your weight. My weight has gone up as much as 5 pounds in a day. That was when I learned to stop weighing so much. I weigh once a week. Your weight will show a downward trend over time if you are staying in a calorie deficit.

Use measurements, clothes & pictures to track your progress. The scale is a liar.:wink:
  • ChristinWrites
    ChristinWrites Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Scales go up and down all the time. Don't weigh daily if you tend to obsess on numbers. Also, if you are building any muscle, you can be getting smaller and the scale won't go down very fast. I've only lost 7 pounds so far on the scale, but 3 inches off my waist and almost 4 off my hips and my clothes are loose and people close to me have noticed I look smaller already - I've been exercising a lot too and some days the scale goes up and it's irritating :) but def not a clear picture of what is going on.

as others stated so many things can influence that number - watch your trends over time. My scale goes up and down up and down but when you look at the trend line you see it going down.
  • darleneasher328
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Can someone look at my food diary. I have several people tell me I'm not eating enough. But I eat when I'm hungry. And I try to make the healthy choices. :)
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Can someone look at my food diary. I have several people tell me I'm not eating enough. But I eat when I'm hungry. And I try to make the healthy choices. :)

From a look at your diary, I would up your goal weight a little, and change a lot what you eat at the same time, sorry. Too much processed food, little food but very rich in calories, poor in nutrients, sorry. You cannot have half or more of your daily calories coming from fast food :(