Tiny Tiny Victory

Options
I know this does not seem like much. For the past few months every single day I said to myself that "today was the day". Invariable I always ate some "bad food" and then just blew the entire day out of the water.

Yesterday I was at the Dollarstore. I am always tempted by the chocolate bars there. Always. I did not buy a bar of chocolate. I stayed in my calories and even though at 10 pm I believe I was feeling hungry (not so sure anymore) I did not eat anything.

Today I was getting together with my sister. We ordered Pizza for the kids. I ate three slices, logged them and did not blow the entire day out of the water because I ate some pizza (bad food). I'm proud of myself. It is a small victory in the grand scheme of things but man oh man it feels like something big here. I am so thankful for these past two days. May they be the beginning of a wonderful journey to wellness.

Replies

• RockingGranny
    RockingGranny Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! This is no tiny tiny victory. It is a big victory and you should be proud of yourself.

“The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” ~William Faulkner
  • debbiedoeshealth
    debbiedoeshealth Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Love that Faulkner quote.
  • ME0172
    ME0172 Posts: 200
    Options
    Great! I know what you mean my husband loves pizza. I started ordering a chicken salad with it. Now I eat one piece of pizza and eat the salad with it. Keep doing that small things... they make such a big difference.
  • bg192905
    bg192905 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! This is no tiny tiny victory. It is a big victory and you should be proud of yourself.

“The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” ~William Faulkner

Love this!! All these seemly small victories add up to success over all. The little engine that could! Keep of the good work!! You can do it!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Food is neither bad nor good. Eat "healthy" (whatever that means to you) 80% of the time. Fit yummy, portion-controlled treats into your calorie goal. (Like you did with the pizza. Great job!) Deprivation can lead to bingeing.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • debbiedoeshealth
    debbiedoeshealth Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I totally agree about the good food/bad food for me. I guess what I meant was that it can be a food that triggers me to overeat which then causes me to just scrap the day.

I don't want to give up the things I love... just enjoy them at an appropriate level.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    And I totally agree about identifying & avoiding trigger foods!
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    A "tiny, tiny" victory is still a victory! Changing eating habits, eating better, makingbetter choices are all part of a behavioral change that doesn't happen overnight.

Good for you!! :flowerforyou:
  • peacelovelose
    peacelovelose Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Those are actually awesome victories! Congrats :)
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Hey that is a huge victory. Change does not happen over night! Good for you! Congrats.
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Huge victory!!!
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Way to go! "Tiny"victories all add up to create a big victory at the end :) Mine for yesterday was turning down free lunch, because it was fast food.
  • puffinbrae
    puffinbrae Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That 'tiny victory' represents a massive change in your mindset! That's awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!! It's those tiny victories that make a difference. All those tiny things DO add up! Sometimes, they make more of a difference than the 'big' things. :happy: