How much water is too much water?

Options
I drink three-four, 16.9 ounces, bottles of water a day. (That's 6-8 cups) but yesterday I had a huge cheat meal (more like a few meals) and on my other post people told me to drink a lot of water today. But how much is too much, if there is such thing as too much?

I'm 5'4 and 130 pounds. I want to drink more than 4 bottles today so how much would be a good amount?

Replies

• knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    It's recommended to drink at least 64 ounces per day - I have a 32 0z bottle and if I drink 2 that's good - 3 is better and anything after that is a bonus.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    When you unbalance your electrolytes, that's too much. Don't force yourself to drink more if you feel like you're sloshing. If you are already peeing frequently and the color is light yellow or clear, you're golden. Drinking more water doesn't earn you any medals.
  • TreasureCoastHappens
    Options
    Drinking more water is always good advice but there is a limit. Never drink more water than your body feels comfortable with. Don't force yourself to drink past this point just because you think it's good for you because it's not! Water intoxication is very dangerous.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd just drink your normal amount of water if you're getting enough water. There's no reason to drink excessive amounts of water just because you had a cheat or whatever....that doesn't even make sense to me. If you're getting adequate hydration you're going to flush out any excess sodium over the next couple of days. Just go about your business as you otherwise would.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Considering you struggle with eating issues, (a bowl of cereal being a cheat meal, ways to burn off 600 calories, and concerned about lunch meat) I suggest getting a hold on that first. There is such a thing as too much water, which is called water intoxication. However, nobody on this site is going to truly be able to tell you how much is too much water for you.