Can't get past this plateau!

Options
5" ft, down to 111 lbs, and my goal is 105. I've been stuck at 111 for about a month now. I lost weight a few years back (and gradually gained it back), and I remember that I got stuck at the same weight back then as well.

I'm exercising (cardio and weights) for about 20 minutes each morning, though I've been slacking off this past few weeks ugh, and eating 1.2k - 1.3k calories per day, but it just isn't budging.

Even if I just lost inches and not pounds I'd be glad. I have a 30 inch waist and a tummy that is too obvious when I wear not loose clothes :(

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    The closer you are to goal, the more slowly you lose. That's just how the human body works. Set your goal to .5 lb. per week and be patient. The smaller deficit will also help you transition to maintenance.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • craigheon
    craigheon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'd say you are doing everything right. Just hit the weights a little more this week, and I bet you'll make some progress!
  • AlliBarlik
    AlliBarlik Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hey, I was stuck for a while too. After the holidays I thought, "I'll be this weight forever!" But I decided one weekend that I was going to do more. I stuck much more closely to my meal planning (I wasn't eating as well as I could or should). That jump started my body. Don't know how or why, but it did.
    I think that one way is to make sure you are getting plenty of fiber, water, exercising, and just really watching what you are putting into your mouth.
    @editorgrrl is right, the closer you are, the more slowly it comes off. Maybe you need to up your cals just a bit.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Try upping your workout.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason why you have a goal of 105? There's only a 6lb difference from where you are now. I'd suggest working more on composition by lifting weights (as you said you'd be happy with a change of shape). I doubt you'll get any real results eating so few calories, either go to maintenance or work out your calorie needs at http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ choosing "gain muscle" while lifting :flowerforyou:
  • cappuccinio
    Options
    Thanks all! On another note... should I be eating my exercise calories? O: I find that I lose more weight when I don't, but not sure if that's a good thing
    0053570 Posts: 1
    Options
    Try eating less more frequently, and pay attention to your food selection. PS no carbs after 15h00!! oh and loads of water!
  • Fit4Yah
    Fit4Yah Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason why you have a goal of 105? There's only a 6lb difference from where you are now. I'd suggest working more on composition by lifting weights (as you said you'd be happy with a change of shape). I doubt you'll get any real results eating so few calories, either go to maintenance or work out your calorie needs at http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ choosing "gain muscle" while lifting :flowerforyou:

I agree with this!!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Options
    Thanks all! On another note... should I be eating my exercise calories? O: I find that I lose more weight when I don't, but not sure if that's a good thing

It depends on how you set your goals. If you set up using MFP figures then yes, MFP already builds in a deficit so you're supposed to eat them back, Yes you will lose more by not eating them because you're creating a higher deficit, so say you eat 1200 calories but then you burn 300, it's like you've only eaten 900 calories which isn't enough to fuel your body
  • Faye_Anderson
    Options
    Try eating less more frequently, and pay attention to your food selection. PS no carbs after 15h00!!

Ignore this!
  • cappuccinio
    Options

Only 'cause I'm a lot chubby and small-boned... and that's what the doctor has always recommended for my body structure :) Yeah though, losing inches would give me the same satisfaction, thank you for the info
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Try eating less more frequently, and pay attention to your food selection. PS no carbs after 15h00!! oh and loads of water!

strong first post