New here...My First Day!

Options
With My Husband gone it leaves some extra time on my hands...not that I have a ton with 4 kids but some. They are 7, 3, 2 and 1. I want to begin applying my knowledge of healthy eating to my daily life. I want to get back into working out...I LOVE it once I get started. I have been eating so HORRIBLE lately....it's like I can not control it. Usually when I am stressed or depressed, I don't eat...Well that sure changed. I don't think I have ever eaten so much in my LIFE...HORRIBLE!!!! I also have lack severe motivation when it comes to working out. I have felt so lazy. I NEED and WANT to change this. So it's A NEW DAY. NO excuses. I always say oh I'll start tomorrow, everything is tomorrow. I said it Dec1st and now here it is Dec8th...No healthy eating, no working out. It STOPS Today. My Husband is Deployed...He will be home sometime in July....I want him to come home and say WOW....Be shocked and proud of me. I am a Soda ADDICT....There should be a rehab for it. I Dumped a 2 liter bttl today....ALL of it. I about had a heart attack doing it but I did it. So here's to a NEW day a NEW start. I look forward to getting to know all of you and have support!

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you should proud of yourself for recognizing your bad eating habits and doing something about it. This is a great site alot of info, encouragement, motivation. It will be such a good feeling when your hubby comes home to a fit slim wife.....
  • chrissyb23
    Options
    Good Luck to you Honey!! I'm sure your hubby is going to come home and LOVE what he sees!!! Stay positive, keep your goals at the forefront of your mind, and think about those goals ALL day long! By doing so, you will be so much more likely to reach them! i have done this with weight loss, saving money, and graduating school-- you should pick up a copy of "The Secret." And as far as the soda goes, give it up!! :) It's no good!!! Drink that water, get motivated, and use this site! Once you add those Soda's to your diary, you will see where all the calories are being used... maybe try switching to diet coke if you must, or just chug that water all day long! Buy a water bottle and refill it all day long! that is what i have done, and now i can't stop!! I hope it all works out for you... by staying positive and "thinking thin" you will start seeing results! :bigsmile:

--It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting-- Paulo Coehlo
  • 2BaNewMe2
    2BaNewMe2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You have made the first BIG step, recognizing your weaknesses and knowing what you need to do to get started. I think it is terrific that you want to get into better shape and show off for you husband when he returns home. (BTW, thank him for me) I don't think I could have thrown away a soda (if I were a soda junky)....nice step!! This site will help you, encourage you and even give you a kick in the behind if/when you need it. Good luck!! Now take your second step, start eating healthier and exercising. You CAN do it.
  • AmyJopp
    AmyJopp Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!