Not losing any weight

Options
I have been tracking my food intake for the past four weeks and doing my exercise but I am not losing any weight. Any suggestions??? Need help

Replies

• marchegt
    marchegt Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Are you doing strength training? You might be losing fat but gaining muscle and so might not go down in weight. Also, how many calories are you eating? I found that I was eating at 1200 cals (which barely left me enough energy to workout) and so I recently upped my calories to about 1330... and in one week I have lost 0.5lbs... I know they say the absolute minimum you should eat is 1200 calories but personally I think eating more than that is necesary for most people to lose weight!

Either way keep at it! :)
  • marchegt
    marchegt Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Are you doing strength training? You might be losing fat but gaining muscle and so might not go down in weight. Also, how many calories are you eating? I found that I was eating at 1200 cals (which barely left me enough energy to workout) and so I recently upped my calories to about 1330... and in one week I have lost 0.5lbs... I know they say the absolute minimum you should eat is 1200 calories but personally I think eating more than that is necesary for most people to lose weight!

Either way keep at it! :)

And by eating at 1200 calories, I meant I was not losing weight during the couple of months that I was only eating that number of calories!
  • platoniclover
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm new here (only 3 days in) but trying to think of something that might help you:
    1) Are you getting at least 8 hours of sleep every day?
    2) Are you sure you're remembering to log in EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth, including cough drops, drinks, etc.?
    3) Have you noticed your clothing (non-elastic-waist, LOL) fitting you any differently? If so, your scale could be off.
    Finally, if possible I'd recommend contacting a nutritionist or doctor if possible--you have put in so much hard work, you deserve best results!
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    in addition to the other advice, make sure you are drinking water- LOTS of water!
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking your water? Are burning enough calories? Are you eating enough?
  • sexyprincess69
    Options
    I eat at least 1600 calories per day however when i work out and log it in , I gain an extra 614 cal. I think i am not eating enough. I have to eat more often, sometime i forget to log in the foods i eat on the weekends
  • Bobble2610
    Options
    If you think about it... The site says that you need to eat "x" amount of calories to lose "x" amount of weight. And that is if you do NOTHING else other than eat... Every time you exercise it adds more calories to the amount you need to eat to be able to maintain your loss of "x" lbs... And not eating enough is just as bad as eating too many.

Only one word of advice is not to fully trust the amount of calories that the exercise gives you... Maybe aim to eat half of them, just to be on the safe side...

Works well for me... I've lost a stone in the first month... I know it will drop off to 2lbs a week from here on in, but i'm consistently losing following the above advice.

Hope this helps.

:o)
  • CHANGES4ME
    CHANGES4ME Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i have this same problem, i can not resigh myself 2 eatin the perverbable diet foods, i eat pert near what i want, but try very hard 2 watch how much i eat... i resighed myself 2 the fact that no matter what i track, eat, what ever; unless i could afford jenny craig, medifast, nutri systems, etc i aint really gonna lose the wt... but i was 4 a long tyme... started losin last sept, i weighed 303... currently at 220.. i have gone from an 3x to a xlg rite now, i look in the mirror, people around me know i am gettin smaller; so that is good 4 me....
    & lol, i am heavy into fitness, & carry a 32 oz bottle 2 work, & a 16 oz to the gym.... i drink an adverage of 2 of the 32's at work, & 2 of the 16's durin work outs...
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    First of all, don't panic. Make sure you drink LOTS of water. Also, check your salt intake. That makes a huge difference. Also, remember that success isn't just measured in the scale, it's measured in body measurements as well as in how you feel. It's also possible that you are building muscle mass with all the exercise. In my case, just because I earn extra calories for exercise, I don't go out of my way to use them. Yes some get used but I don't "eat my extra calories". Finally, change things up. Your body may be getting used to whatever it is that you are doing, so make some changes. Do some different exercises and maybe at different times of day. Don't forget to give your body some time to rest as well. Overkill can defeat progress. Also, make sure that your weight is being measured at roughly the same time, and don't weight yourself too much.