4/5 of the way to my goal! Getting easier??

Options
lauramblair
lauramblair Posts: 74 Member
I hit 40 pounds today!! That was my original goal. When I got to 35 pounds lost, I realized that I could keep it going pretty easily, and decided to go for 50 pounds. A strange thing is happening though... Through the 9 months I've been working on my weight loss, I've been somewhat consistent around 1 pound per week lost. But the closer I get to my goal, the easier it is becoming. Has anyone else experienced that? I guess I'm just laser-focused and completely motivated. But it's thrilling to meet my calorie goal and have no desire to cheat or give in to temptations. However, the last 2ish weeks my losses have been pretty incredible.. 2.6 pounds and 3 pounds. Is that ok in this stage of the game? I'm eating 1200 calories per day, running 18 miles per week, not eating back my running calories except for Saturdays when I have a long run and let myself eat whatever, within my limit. Is a 3 pound/week loss something to be concerned about? Or just smile and be glad it's going so well? For what it's worth, I'm focusing on fat burn and cardio at this point. Once I hit my goal I'm going to work on developing muscle and strength.

5'5"
SW: 179
CW: 139
GW: 129

Replies

• linkirving
    linkirving Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    As long as you're doing it in a sustainable way - you're doing it well. The 3lb loss should be celebrated, not something to be worried about. Just make sure you're being 100% real with yourself so you don;t end up quitting because you're hungry all of the time. You seem like you have it covered, though.

Congrats! You're doing really well. It's cool that you set an even higher goal for yourself. Keep rocking it!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!