Need friends- I am 59 with 100 plus pounds to lose

Options
Looking for some online friends to share this journey! I have been using My Fitness Pal for about a month.

Replies

• Stefgoju
    Stefgoju Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'll add you! always better to go through such a journey with friends!
  • jolamerrill
    Options
    Definitely better with motivating friends!
  • Lorri1957
    Lorri1957 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is my second time around on MFP and am starting fresh. I,ve been using Weight Watchers with a lot of success but my daughter just joined MFP and wanted me to join her, so here I am. I tend to be very active on the site. Add me if you'd like I'm looking for new friends too.
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hey we're about the same. You are doing great, already lost 20 pounds! Awesome! I have 38 pounds left to loose, but when I started here last year I had a 100 to loose. I am so happy that now I've lost 62 pounds. When I first started I had the "here we go again" in the back of my mind. Although I was positive outwardly I wasn't so sure inwardly. I'm now out there with the attitude that "I'm doing this!" For the first time in my adult life I'm sure I'm going to be a normal weight again. I'm 58 years old and I am currently lighter than I was when I was 30. That says more about what I weighed at 30 than what I weigh now :laugh: Three more pounds and I will weigh less than I did when I was 25. I'm shooting for my fresh out of USMC boot camp body :happy:
  • Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    U can add me if u like, I'm 54 with about 40# to go.????
  • jweisshoff
    jweisshoff Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 55 and been on MFP for over a year....and have lost over 80#s. You can do this! It's a wonderful site with terrific supportive friends! Feel free to add me....I plan on being here for awhile.:smile:
  • ArchieH1
    ArchieH1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been here before and have lost pounds doing it. I'm back because I lost my goals. We can work together to get it done. I too want to lose 100 Plus pounds. I have been adding to my blog almost daily so if you want to friend up that would be cool. I will not hound you because I had some that was telling me more then I needed to know. But will support you or anyone to keep on track.

Good luck! and Take one step at a time!
  • mamahen1234
    mamahen1234 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'll be 52 next month and have about 60-70 more to lose. Have lost 22 so far and would love to have friends going through the samejourney as me. Feel free to add me :happy:
  • lauriebeakley1
    Options
    I've got a total goal of 100 pounds to lose & I'll be 40 this year. I'm setting a few small goals so it doesn't feel so overwhelming & I'm 30 pounds away from my 1st goal. You can never have too much motivation or too many friends so feel free to add me.
  • TGonIsagenix
    Options
    Add me :flowerforyou: I am 56 and onIsagenix and myfitnesspal for 4 months and I am down 17 pounds. I get lazy, could use an accountability buddy in my age range!
  • lindanewland37
    lindanewland37 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend if you like. I am 58 - 59 in November - and also have over 100 pounds to lose. I lost 30 pounds in 2013 before joining MFP and getting serious about losing it a bit faster. I have lost 16 pounds so far in 2014. My goal for 2014 is 70 lbs. That will still leave me with plenty to lose but I thought it was a reasonable goal for a year. I don't want to starve myself to do this since I have to be able to live with the way I am eating forever. Best wishes for success in your weight loss efforts.