Any young women on here with less to lose?

Options
I have recently made a mfp account and I think it would help if I had a good support system on here :) Is there anyone on here like me who is a young adult female and doesn't have very much weight to lose? I am currently at a healthy weight for my height but my stomach is a problem area for me so would like to drop about 14 pounds or less (more than 14 pounds weight loss would mean I would be considered underweight). Anyone who is in a similar situation feel free to add me but please leave me a message!:)

Replies

• HugeBum
    HugeBum Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 8lbs from my goal weight, I'll add you and anyone else feel free to too- regardless of goals!
  • Cyan99
    Cyan99 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to lose - just increase fitness, eat healthier and maintain.

& yes on the young and female :)
  • thepunner
    Options
    Heck yes, I want to lose 5 to 15 pounds, but absolutely no more than 15, because I would definitely be underweight. I just started insanity to help me lean up. I'm 24, 5'9'', and am just starting to see my abs come in. (hard not to check all the time when you're trying :p)
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I am currently at maintenance :) I will be re-joining the gym soon to tone up though. Like you, I am near the lower end of recommended weight so I am not trying to lose anymore and instead my focus is shifting to fitness.

My goals:
    -finish c25k- currently on wk 7
    -30 day shred (because I started it last yr but stopped on day 23! that bugs me lol)
    -run a 5k (already pre-registered)
    -restart the gym in May and focus on building muscle

You can send me a request if you would like :)
  • brittanywalker16
    Options
    I just really need to lost about 7-10lbs and keep doing crunches and planks to tone my belly for spring break, then summer !
  • amandakay828
    Options
    I'm looking to loose about ten more lbs... Always accepting new friends to help support and do the same for me!
  • kitkatbar972
    Options
    I only need to lose 10-20lbs, probably closer to 15lbs since I want to put on a few pounds of muscle. I'm 5'8 and at a healthy weight (barely) but I want to fit into some jeans I have that are a bit too small. Feel free to friend me :)

ETA: I'm 21
  • zkhd
    zkhd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi . I need to lose 8 lbs i am 29 5'4 i range 125-129
    Lately I've been eating a lot. I need to control myself
    And to find a motive to stay on track. I ll star today
    I ll post any weight loss.
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 25 and I'm looking to lose about 10-15lbs still before summer..But that all really depends on inches though honestly, because I've gained a significant amount of muscle that I'm not willing to part with! :D
  • Winterbaby2014
    Winterbaby2014 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    im 20, wanting to lose a max of 20lb
    im currently 147lbs, so anymore than 20lbs would make me look thin!!

starting the gym on Monday so going to get fit!!
  • massromanticfool
    massromanticfool Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    21 years old with about 15-17 pounds left to lose! My goal is to lose it all and be firmly on maintenance by July 1st, when I'm leaving for my family reunion. Last time anyone in my family saw me I was about 25-30 pounds heavier than I am now, so I'm really looking forward to showing up 40 pounds lighter and overall in a much better place health and fitness-wise!

Fitnesswise, I've just restarted c25k today after a couple of months away from the gym. My goal is to finish that, and I'm also considering doing the 30 day shred (possibly on my offdays from c25k). Everyone, feel free to add me!
  • nineteenstars
    nineteenstars Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and need to lose about 6 more pounds to reach my goal weight :)
    More concerned with inches and gaining muscle than anything else, though.

add me if you want :)
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I have 15 lbs or less to lose. I say or less as I'm more concerned with how trim and tight my body looks as opposed to the number on the scale. Feel free to read my profile and add me, I'm on here a lot and am always interested in offering motivation and support to others!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 23 and only aiming to lose around 10lbs.

Main goal is to get stronger. Second goal is to get leaner / reduce body fat and have more definition (ie: how I look rather than the weight itself, but I'm guessing it'll be around 10lbs)

Feel free to add me if you want :)
  • wiggsmy39
    Options
    I'm trying to lose at least 5 more pounds (though 10 would be better!) of fat and gain some muscle. I'm getting married in June, so I'd like to be firmed up, but if I lose more than that, I'm afraid my dress will hang off me (and that would be sad...)

I'm trying to lift 3 times a week and run 3 times a week. I signed up for a 10k in the beginning of April (Cooper River Bridge Run, anybody?), and for Lent I'm exercising for at least 30 minutes every day (except Sunday). Feel free to friend me :)