Homemade Recipe Nutritional Calculator?

Options
meganld
meganld Posts: 71 Member
I am looking for a website where I can plug in ingredients for my homemade recipes and it will provide nutritional information. Does anyone know of anything like this? I've been entering all the ingredients into MFP one by one, but there has to be an easier way!

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Just use the Receipe Calculator on MFP. Very easy to use and you can save them to use over and over again.

Best of Luck!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,161 Member
    Options
    Why not use the recipe function on MFP?
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    Your on it!! MFP has a Recipe section where you can add your ingredients to a recipe, then you can use that Recipe in your meals. You specify portions in the recipe also..
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    you can do it on here, just go to the food tab and then recipes and add a recipe. It works really well :-)
  • gltmontana
    Options
    My fitness Pal is great and it loads the nutritional value as well as the calories too..... love it.
  • powerthree
    Options
    in MFP just click on food and then on recipes you enter each ingredient and then it gices you the total and then saves it so the next time you just hit on your recipe
  • meganld
    meganld Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I did not know that this website did that! Thank you so much!
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I am looking for a website where I can plug in ingredients for my homemade recipes and it will provide nutritional information. Does anyone know of anything like this? I've been entering all the ingredients into MFP one by one, but there has to be an easier way!

If you've already entered all the Ingredients On one of your meals. Click save as meal and it'll keep that in your 'meal' file. Otherwise go to recipes, click add new recipe, then you can enter everything and put in the number of servings it is and your done!
  • goldenrodfarm
    goldenrodfarm Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for a homemade recipe calculator that is not so cumbersome as the one here. Every time I try to enter a food it is in the wrong amount or size, or my brand is nowhere in site, it took me 3/4 hour to enter part of one recipe and I gave up. Sugar is listed by the teaspoon, flour by the 1/2 cup, tried to figure out a sourdough starter and that was listed by the oz or by 32 oz total, who uses 32 oz or 1 oz in a recipe, most call for 1 cup or 8 oz, every one has to be edited each time
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for a homemade recipe calculator that is not so cumbersome as the one here. Every time I try to enter a food it is in the wrong amount or size, or my brand is nowhere in site, it took me 3/4 hour to enter part of one recipe and I gave up. Sugar is listed by the teaspoon, flour by the 1/2 cup, tried to figure out a sourdough starter and that was listed by the oz or by 32 oz total, who uses 32 oz or 1 oz in a recipe, most call for 1 cup or 8 oz, every one has to be edited each time
    Yes, unfortunately. That's why over 2 years I've made entered all my own recipe foods in grams or mls and made sure that things that people leave out like potassium are entered.
    After a year or so it will become quite easy and accurate for you. :wink: