lossing weight while trying to conceive !!

Options
Hi every one ,
I just found your amazing website .. I'm a 24 pharmacist married 6 months ago and trying to have kids ..i used to do exercise in the past but from the time i got married stopped my workout because I'm afraid that i may loose my expected baby . Now i'm over weight 80 kg . 1.68 m tall never been these miserable .

i'm depressed no pregnancy and overweight but i want safe exercises God my give me the bless of babies any time.

Replies

• mead2006
    Options
    im in the same position i too am trying too loose weight while trying to conceive but got alot to loose but us girls got to stick together
  • phlolo
    phlolo Posts: 11
    Options
    Yup ..
    I read that aerobics are good and safe , any suggestion ?

we should make a plan .. thanks for your encouragement
  • mead2006
    Options
    never done arobics always thought i was too fat to do them but i have started walking in the spring i hope to do more
  • Kiyalynn
    Kiyalynn Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Light exercise is fine throughout pregnancy, Also, ANY exercise you were doing before pregnancy can be safe during pregnancy. So don't worry about exercising while trying to conceive. The only thing you should really watch for is exercise that can have you falling or causes impact... Don't go play tackle football, or walk on black ice. Anything done on indoor equipment should be fine. Swimming would be ideal, Yoga helps with pregnancy pain throughout pregnancy, if you start it now, go ahead and find a instructor that will work with pregnant women as some positions are not safe.

I successfully lost 20 lbs and conceived since I started on this website. I did that by walking the dog for a 1hr a day. I stopped walking only because I have a clumsy tendency, and it was the middle of winter the roads were ice covered. This was problematic because in late pregnancy any falls for me are a trip to the ER. However, if I had a stationary bike, or even a treadmill I could STILL be on those.

~ 35 weeks pregnant
  • phlolo
    Options
    Walking is a good step for a beginning good job girl .. for my I'm searching an appropriate work out to do .. :smile:
  • Chemburly12
    Options
    I was in a similar situtation a few years ago. My doctor told me that just about any exercise is okay when done correctly. I ended up opting for walking and swim-arobitcs. The minimal stress on the body just made me feel better. I eventually got pregnant and ended up quiting the swim-arobitcs in my 3rd trimester but I continued my walks up until the day I gave birth. Good luck!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    When I conceived my son I was not trying to get pregnant however at the sametime I wasn't preventing it either. I was at a fitness high in my life running three times a week, spinning twice a week and filling in the rest of the days with strength training.
    I conceived in September 2010 and up until that point was to heavy to have a period therefore when I conceived I still had no period so I didn't know any better I didn't find out that I was pregnant until December of 2010 and had lost another 10 to 15lbs by this time (No Morning Sickness).
    With this being said, when I found out I was pregnant and already in my second trimester the doctor told me that what I was doing was perfectly fine and just to slow it down as my pregnancy progresses.
    Hope this helps! :)
  • phlolo
    Options
    Oh thank yoooooooooou very much your stories really helpful and so encouraging .
    Now i'm gonna to start comfortably my workout that i was doing before here indoor :flowerforyou:
  • Kallie3000
    Kallie3000 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I definitely have this question in my head. I was going to start yoga-type classes, and maybe a dance class. This should probably be low impact enough that I could continue it while TTC or pregnant, right?
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Doctors recommend to exercise throughout pregnancy. The only activities you should avoid is things where you could get hit in the stomach or you could fall. So, tackle football is out but yoga of course is good! I had a "high risk" twin pregnancy and was walking every day up until 37 1/2 weeks as per my dr's orders.

Keep exercising and eating healthy!

I am pre-TTC as I am losing the weight first and will begin TTC around December :)
  • mmcdonald700
    mmcdonald700 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Always listen to your personal Dr.'s advice of course because they know your medical history and whatnot, but I have heard that any exercise while pregnant is safe and does not increase risk of miscarriage if it's something your body is already used to. So like, if you realize you're 12 weeks... don't try to start a C25K program. If you're already running several times a week and find out your pregnant, perfectly safe to continue running until it gets uncomfortable (I would guess in the mid to late second trimester it would be more comfortable to walk instead) But strength training too is good just be careful, do exercises correctly and don't do a crazy lift program if you're pregnant. It's all kind of common sense, just listen to your body :) A lot of people think pregnancy means you're in this weakened state where you have to walk on eggshells but especially for the first trimester and much of the second you don't need that much more calories than you do when you're not pregnant and exercise is healthy for you and baby. Again, can't stress this enough - consult your own doctor, I'm not a doctor I just know pregnant people, the advice they've been given and doctors.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I did water aerobics-aqua size while pregnant and was fine. Walking is also safe. Biking is good-but may want to switch to stationary biking past 30 weeks or so.
  • phlolo
    Options
    hi every one ..

I was diagnosed with PCOs medical condition talking some medicine .. I have to loose weight but i slowly lossing weight ..

Recently i started Zumba dance and bellydance learning from youtube videos and it's great .

i can't guess when i will be pregnant .. may late may not .. so i have to push my self to loose weight and don't wast time :wink:
  • TiLo0905
    TiLo0905 Posts: 34
    Options
    Been there done that got the tshirt! First off have you been diagnosed with PCOS or Insulin Resistance? I have both and had to undergo massive fertility treatment, and losing weight was one of the doctors orders.

My advice from experience.

PROTEIN PROTEIN PROTEIN!!!! protein:carb ratio is 1:3. If you eat an apple, have a piece of cheese with it. If you have a piece of toast, put a nut butter on it. It affects your blood sugar spikes and your insulin levels (insulin is a fat storage hormone)

Good luck...if I can have kids ANYBODY can have kids! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • phlolo
    Options
    Thank you TiLo :smile:
    It's PCO doctor didn't mentioned insuline resistance .. But i know " as i am a pharmacist " the strong relation between PCOs and insulin resistance .. i sould hane medication aid me to loose weight as metformine tab. ... but he only gave me fertility drugs so far " clomid tab. & pregnyl inj. " ..

I will listen to your advice about protien & i think should drik a lot of water too ..
  • phlolo
    Options
    By the way do you mean protein : carb ___ 1:3
    or protein : carb ___ 3:1 ??
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Thats the way to do it. Good for baby when you do conceive to have a healthy diet. Right!!
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    If your not pregnant now you can do any exercise you want. I suggest to start with walking. Dont neglect strength training. If you have a gym great if not pinterest has plenty of body weight exercises you can do. ( squats, plank, pushups, etc..) No equipment required. If you do have a gym take advantage of the classes and do a variety of exercises.

Also any exercise program that you are doing pre baby can be continued throughout your pregnancy.

My last pregnancy I worked out 3-4 x a week. Did weights and cardio exercises and swimming. Obviously you cannot do ab exercises while pregnant. But there is no reason why you cant exercise however you want to right now, especially if you are not pregnant yet.

For some women losing weight is what helps them to be able to get pregnant.

So yea start logging your food, eat more fruits veggies less processed stuff and soda.
  • phlolo
    Options
    Motivation is what i need i could be active doing exercises and watch my food for a while but depressed and come back to my normal food .. Now i think a thing like my medical condition should stimulate me much more ..
    thank you & what you think a bout Zumba dance and belly dancing?? is it g ood ? i see it fun
  • phlolo
    Options
    Michael .. i' m checking the site you sent right now .. sounds good thanks :flowerforyou: