102lbs in 51weeks little help?! :)

Hiya im new to myfitnesspal downloaded the app last Friday when i decided enough was enough i then ate 4 2 finger kitkats lol
so counting from Saturday ive been eating 1200 calories a day (or less) ive gone swimming twice (mon/wed) for an hour (aprox 1000 meters) with a 30min walk home and my exercise bike arrived yesterday YAY! (done 5mins on it 2night after work and that was enough need to build up to 15-30mins lol)
ive gone from doing nothing but chase my 2yr old around to trying my best to burn this fat off!
ive set mfp to 2lbs per week which ive managed this week (yay)
anywho ive been reading on here a little and have some questions (sorry in advance)

1- eating calories back- ok so eat half ur calories of exercise back right? well wednesday i went swimming 9-10pm walked home and got back at 10:45 drank a pint of water (sooo thirsty!) and didnt feel hungry so my day looked like this +1144 - 721 777 remaining. this was pretty much the same monday. question is - is this ok? i shouldnt force myself to eat if im not hungry right? and im always a bit worried that mfp is over estimating the amount i burn?

2- is it risky to try and maintain a 1200 calorie diet for a whole year (52 weeks)?

3- i saw some say i should put in my goal weight and see how much i could eat to maintain that weight which i did and it came out as 2030 for 8stone me which seems really high is this right?

(i will mention ive been weighing everything to try and get it as spot on as possible)

i had loads more questions but have a memory like a sieve so thats all i got atm

any tips/tricks uve come across that uve found helpful please share them with me :)

if any1 that has 100lbs or around that to loose wants to add me feel free (i dont know how to add people .. yet!

Replies

• jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
  • nlrossbrook
    nlrossbrook Posts: 7 Member
    the way i do this is i split the amount of calories (1400) into the separate meals to help me maintain it such as

breakfast - 280
    snack - 140
    lunch - 420
    snack - 140
    dinner - 420

this amount includes drinks,puddings etc as well, this way you body is always full and you feel less hungry you can adjust this to your specific calorie intake.
  • bettny
    bettny Posts: 6 Member
    atm i dont feel hungry at all i was reading that bites per meal the more u have the fuller u feel so a massive salad costing me about 100 calories with my small meal and i do fill full the only time ive felt like i wanted something was when my husband was dipping biscuits in his tea (hes mean) but it passed.

im wondering if 1200 if maintainable tho. atm a week in i feel fine and better for the exercise i have done in a few month tho im wondering if it will be to little as i increase the exercise ...
  • bettny

and thanks for the link im reading through it all now :)
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member

Agreed! Tons of helpful information on that thread!

My personal opinion, 1200 calories should be your MINIMUM. Going below that will NOT make your body respond well in the long run (may retain fluids and/or... more... ). Don't focus on maintaining 1200 for a whole year because your needs WILL change! The more you exercise, the more calories you'll be consuming because your body will need the fuel. Your plan may take some tweaking along the way, so be patient.

Congratulations on a great start!

Keep up with all the great logging and weighing your food, too! :flowerforyou:
  • bettny
    aww thanks chelz2013 will do!

and yes i agree it may need some tweaking
    im hoping 102lbs in the next 51weeks is realistic but we shall see march next year! :) (i know its harder to loose the smaller you get and expect some hiccups but as long as im close to my goal next march ill be happy and hopefully continue to loose weight slowly keeping up my exercise and healthy eating)