Another female heavy lifting NSV

Options
A month ago, I started Stronglifts 5x5 and have never looked back. Best decision I have ever made for myself. I'll spare you the long story and details until my final "before & after" success story that I'll post a few months from now. :)

My clothes were fitting looser, and my friends were telling me that I looked slimmer. I didn't believe it until today when I was brave enough to drag out one of my "before" photos (THANK GOD I took them!) and compared myself from a photo taken today, side by side.

Take note of what the scale says. The scale is not saying that I look slimmer...but I do. The scale does not tell me that I have an abdominal wall forming, a lift in my butt, and an overall tight appearance. A couple of days ago I was considering scaling my calories back because I thought I wasn't progressing in fat loss.

No. I will keep my 2000 calorie intake and enjoy the ride. :) The scale can STFU.

10001520_750949078262638_2110078496_n.jpg

Replies

• linkirving
    linkirving Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    That's a crazy difference for such a short time frame. Wow. Congrats.
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this!! I started Stronglifts 5x5 a week ago so great to see your results :) congratulations!!
  • ferocityturbine
    ferocityturbine Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    That's amazing in only a month - definite smoothing of the love handle area too!
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Those are great results!! Keep up the good work!
  • Aeramis13
    Aeramis13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Starting on Monday and it's great to see this as inspiration. Awesome work, lady!
  • katz6910
    katz6910 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • verasdaughter
    verasdaughter Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! I have been doing Stronglifts 5x5 for 2 months now and loving it!
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Great work there dear!!! Photos are always a good idea! :p

Good luck in your continued fitness goals!!
  • CandiesAndSweets
    CandiesAndSweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I love your post! I started working out with kettlebells a couple of months ago. A few days ago I was considering cutting my calories as well because I thought I wasn't progressing (weight scale stands still), until I compared myself now to a month ago. Then I realized that there's definitely a visible difference :)

Congratulations!
  • rdkstar
    rdkstar Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far. I started a couple of days after you. I committed not to compare results until end of march. But i am feeling so many positive changes. I'm hoping to see results like yours.

Keep up the great work!
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    A month ago, I started Stronglifts 5x5 and have never looked back. Best decision I have ever made for myself. I'll spare you the long story and details until my final "before & after" success story that I'll post a few months from now. :)

My clothes were fitting looser, and my friends were telling me that I looked slimmer. I didn't believe it until today when I was brave enough to drag out one of my "before" photos (THANK GOD I took them!) and compared myself from a photo taken today, side by side.

Take note of what the scale says. The scale is not saying that I look slimmer...but I do. The scale does not tell me that I have an abdominal wall forming, a lift in my butt, and an overall tight appearance. A couple of days ago I was considering scaling my calories back because I thought I wasn't progressing in fat loss.

No. I will keep my 2000 calorie intake and enjoy the ride. :) The scale can STFU.

10001520_750949078262638_2110078496_n.jpg

this is exactly the right threads people should read and promote so new people on here can pick up something valuable when starting up their fatloss journey... YOU JUST CANT STARVE YOURSELF and expect to loose all the bodyfat... CONGRATS on your success OP... this goes to show you are gaining lean mass and burning fat.
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    It's amazing what a month can do. In a month I have bigger arm muscles (profile pic) and I haven't measured my waist yet but I think it's down almost an inch based on the way my clothes fit.
  • katt981
    katt981 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! What a difference a month can make!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress!!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Great Progress...congrats.
  • BeckiCharlotte13x
    BeckiCharlotte13x Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    This is just what I needed to see. I've been pissed about the scale not moving but this has given me so much encouragement. Thank you. You look awesome by the way.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's a pretty big difference for a 1 lb loss.

And 2000 calories rocks! You will see results and the way you're doing it is healthier than most.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you doing it right.
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting rocks!! I'm about 8 weeks in on Stronglifts (about at my max, though), and inches are FALLING off my body - 7 inches overall in about 2 months. Keep it up - you look great!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!