Resistance bands

Options
I just recently bought a five pack of resistance bands to incorporate in my workouts. Can someone/anyone please give me some pointers on some exercises to do with them? Greatly appreciated!

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I'm using mine for assisted chin-ups. I think you can hook them round you for squats too?

Try YouTube for some other exercise ideas.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Same here - assisted chin-ups. Its working because I can do some unassisted now where I couldn't before.

You could also hold one end in each hand behind your back to increase resistance in push-ups.

- did they not come with a sheet of exercise suggestions? they usually do.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I love resistance bands! You can do a wide variety of different exercises

bicep curl - Put the band under both of your feet and lift the ends to do a bicep curl. For more resistance - widen your legs, for less resistance - put your legs closer together.

You can wrap it around your back and do a bench press

Tie it into a band, and put it around your ankles and do side leg lifts.

just to name a few...there must be a million ways to use a resistance band!
  • amandakay828
    Options
    Nope no exercise suggestions..
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options

Google resistance bands exercises. There are a ton of options on there.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

I think what Amanda meant was - there were no suggestions in the pack of resistance bands - in reply to my question earlier.

Google is a good start though.
  • DJMIKEY1
    DJMIKEY1 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    If you want message me and I can help, that's all I used the past year and a half. I love my bands.
  • tegeler85
    tegeler85 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just be very careful with them and always check that they are in good condition before you start whatever exercise you're doing. I just bought a brand new one with a video this week. Halfway through the video, the band ripped (just snapped in half!!) And whipped back at me and snapped me in the face!! Lol talk about OUCH!!!
  • amandakay828
    Options
    Yes sorry! Lol

I think what Amanda meant was - there were no suggestions in the pack of resistance bands - in reply to my question earlier.

Google is a good start though.
  • amandakay828
    Options
    Just be very careful with them and always check that they are in good condition before you start whatever exercise you're doing. I just bought a brand new one with a video this week. Halfway through the video, the band ripped (just snapped in half!!) And whipped back at me and snapped me in the face!! Lol talk about OUCH!!!
    Lol I'll check mine and lol every time!
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    for pull ups and chin ups it's awesome!

I've injured my shoulder recently and i'm having a hard time with those.
    So i'm using the bands on both and i'm so sore...cause i do more....

But likes others said....step on the band, feet shoulders appart and you can do bicep curl...or shoulder press etc
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Go to the LiveExercise channel of YouTube. The bodylastics brand of resistance bands posts videos there of exercises and mini-routines. Fitnessblender.com also shows resistance band exercises, use their search feature and Che k them off in the equipment box.
  • amandakay828
    Options
    Go to the LiveExercise channel of YouTube. The bodylastics brand of resistance bands posts videos there of exercises and mini-routines. Fitnessblender.com also shows resistance band exercises, use their search feature and Che k them off in the equipment box.
    Thanks