Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Breakfast Ideas

ticribbs
ticribbs Posts: 120 Member
Short on food, I have steel cut oats, regular oats (instant), frozen peaches, canned peaches, frozen mixed berries, frozen raspberries, applesauce...what can I make that is under 300 calories and will fill me up? Normally on the weekends I've been doing oatmeal with bananas, chocolate and peanut butter but I ran out of bananas! Looking for some good recipes :)

Replies

• I like oatmeal and peaches (bonus if you add in a little milk with it!!). When I was younger my mom used to make "oatmeal cookie oatmeal" with apples, cinnamon, chopped walnuts, whatever other fruit she had, and brown sugar. YUMMY :)
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,566 Member
    I like oatmeal and peaches (bonus if you add in a little milk with it!!). When I was younger my mom used to make "oatmeal cookie oatmeal" with apples, cinnamon, chopped walnuts, whatever other fruit she had, and brown sugar. YUMMY :)

oat meal or steel cut oats with some of that frozen fruit sounds good to me - just weigh out a portion of your fruit and let it thaw a bit while your oats are cooking - when they are close to done toss in your fruit and stir it around - if you like cinnamon add a dash of that - you could add the applesauce with some cinnamon to your oats also

The canned fruit I would probably just eat on the side
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    I love oatmeal and peaches! They go so well together. And sweeten it with applesauce or honey (if you have some). My breakfast every morning is oatmeal with a spoonful of Nutella. Tastes like a cookie. So that's another way to spice up oatmeal without adding a ton of calories. A little goes a long way with Nutella. My breakfast is usually around 200 calories this way (not including my post workout smoothie that is).
  • ticribbs
    Ok, so I basically just threw all of the above listed into the crock pot with 8 cups of water, 1 tbsp vanilla, 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and then one tsp of salt and let it cook on low over night. I then added 1 tsp brown sugar, 1/4 cup of milk and one sweet n low packet and it was great! I have breakfast for the whole week now, plus it's less calories than my normal breakfast, win :)
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,566 Member
    Ok, so I basically just threw all of the above listed into the crock pot with 8 cups of water, 1 tbsp vanilla, 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and then one tsp of salt and let it cook on low over night. I then added 1 tsp brown sugar, 1/4 cup of milk and one sweet n low packet and it was great! I have breakfast for the whole week now, plus it's less calories than my normal breakfast, win :)

nice improvising!
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    BUMP- that recipe sounds awesome, consider it stolen ;)
  • ticribbs
    Glad to share! I was very happy with the results, I may add 1/2 a banana tomorrow, just because I love bananas :)
  • corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    fruit and oats smoothie sounds delicious!
  • juganaut
    juganaut Posts: 79 Member
    what my partner and I usually do is make our breakfast the night before - overnight oats.

in a container - oats, greek yoghurt, chia seeds and water (base) with flavours like:
    - cacao, peanut butter
    - blueberry/raspberry, lemon rind
    - blueberry cinnamon
    - raspberry macadamia
    - cacao and coffee

mix together and put in the fridge overnight and in the morning you got delicious pudding