New to myfitnesspal

Options
My friend sent me a message from this site. We both are having a terrible time losing weight and need any help that is available. My endo doctor says my thyroid is sluggish but obviously not enough to warrant medication to help. She put me on an appetite suppressant that doesn't help in anyway except to keep me awake at night. I try to eat healthy and joined the Y, though with 2 children under 5, I have very little time to go that is compatible with the Y's daycare schedule. Even walking the neighborhood is out as we live in a very rural setting with no sidewalks and 55 mph speedlimit. I need some motivation and help. I will try this community and hope it helps :-):smile:

Replies

• MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    hey and welcome :)
    this site is fantastic - everyone is so friendly and the advice and support is great :D
    you'll reach your goal!
  • muse22
    Options
    Im new aswell! Hey to everyone! :)
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Welcome,

I've only been here a week, but I think its great and I am revved up and ready to go! You will to. Just make small goals that are reachable and then pat yourself on the back all the way to the next one!
  • jenn50
    jenn50 Posts: 81
    Options
    i started about a week ago and what i tend to do is break up my work outs. i'll jog in place for like 2 min randomly through out the day. trust it adds up. and it gives you a chance to fit something in. like when the kids are playing. or napping, cleaning house and leisuely walking like through a store is aso exercise. you got this!!
  • Minkymew
    Options
    I just signed up today! I've been trying to eat healthy the last few months. With my schedule, its hard for me to eat at "normal" times. I don't eat fast food, and I try to eat lots of fruit and veggies. My biggest problem though is portion control. I am hoping that with this new tool, it will be easier since it keeps track of the calories I consume!! Super excited!!
  • Pita0224
    Pita0224 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will find the support on here is amazing! You should go to the search button and type in thyroid, I found lots of great friends and support that way. I have Graves disease and had an overactive thyroid but still never lost the weight. I underwent treatment to kill the thyroid so I'm now hypo and working towards being "normal". I find that I am busting my butt to maintain weight or slowly lose it, whereas other people are having great successes. It's nice to have friends on here that understand the struggle that comes with weight and the thyroid. My kids are young like yours too. Best of luck to you! I'll send you a friend request and we can support each other through this!
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck to ya!!