Belly fat & muffin top

Options
This muffin top and belly is not budging-suggestions or workouts that you want to share would be great!!!!

Replies

• jseaward05
    jseaward05 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had 3 c-sections in 3 yrs if that makes a difference
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I've had the same thing, and I don't expect them to ever go away without abdominal surgery.

C-sections are the worst for that. Totally worth it - I wouldn't have liked to have had 2 breech deliveries the "regular" way - but sucks for my stomach :(
  • mnapier3
    mnapier3 Posts: 30
    Options
    Hmm...I'm not too sure. I know your eating habits will pretty much be the only thing to make the fat on your stomach disappear, along with a little exercise, but flat tummys really are made in the kitchen. I would say look up some foods that are good for fighting belly fat. I believe avocados are in that group, but there's others.

My sister "cheated" and at her last c-section had the doc perform a little "tummy tuck" so to speak!!!
  • lmyers132625
    lmyers132625 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My belly fat and muffin top went away after a few months on cardio and good eating. You can strengthen your abs as much as you want but the fat will still be there if you don't burn it off.
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    this is what i'm doing to fix my belly after 3 pregnancies and 2 sections. http://www.livestrong.com/article/227715-exercises-to-correct-a-diastasis-recti/

my abs sure are sore. i've got a good diet going to create the deficit, and that above plus overall strength training, and i'll get back to you in a year. LOL
  • aprilcherie
    aprilcherie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try mixing core exercises into your workout. That makes a dramatic difference in your middle & are better than crunch style ab exercises. (Planks, pushups, kettlebell swings, using a stability balls for pushups & crunches)
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit is the only way to get rid of abdominal fat.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    You've lost over 40 lbs. I bet your muffin top and tummy are shrinking.

Have you measured them?
    Otherwise patience. As the weight comes off it will leave here too.