June 1 Goal Group

Options
Hi all,

I have a weight loss goal I would like to reach by June 1. I find having a goal really motivates me.

I also have a 4.2 mile run I am scheduled to participate in at the end of April. That really keeps me motivated to exercise.

Anyone else have a goals that they want to reach by June 1? I figure we can post here to motivate each other and share our successes!!!

Replies

• bobbiejof33
    Options
    Great goals!!!

My first goal is to get my wedding dress to close :) I get married June 21st :)
    My second goal is to be able to make it through my first Warrior dash (5k with obstacles) in a decent time
    My third goal is to jog/run the entire 5k in August!! Doing Run or Dye in Oshawa Ontario and I am so excited!!!!

I love having goals!
  • Whiskybelly
    Whiskybelly Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Fantastic goals, can I join?

End of March - 190lbs target, 5k run under 27 minutes (returning from injury)
    End of April - 184lbs target, 5k run under 26 minutes
    End of May - 180lbs final target, re-evaluate. Physio on trapezius should be finished by then, start going back to gym (nice and easy).
    End of June - Try to maintain 180lbs whilst regaining muscle mass, focus on a low fat diet.

Prizes:
    #1 - New scuba dry suit
    #2 - Large Chicken Pakora Pizza
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    My first goal is to see the back of old man Winter, so that I can get into the right frame to exercise every day.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for goal weight by June 1 -- sand volleyball season starts here in early June, and I want to actually get some airtime at the net this season. If I can get close to goal by May, I can start doing plyo workouts without injuring myself. Really need to get some springs back in my legs.
  • adopp062715
    adopp062715 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My first goal is to see the back of old man Winter, so that I can get into the right frame to exercise every day.

Haha! I completely agree!
  • Nikkiash667
    Nikkiash667 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My goal is 10 to 15 lbs by June 1rst.
    Why? Because I am a belly dancer and I am trying to break out into another hard form of belly dancing, and i need to be thinner, have a strong core, legs and arms.

Just by dancing more in the last two weeks, I've lost 5 lbs already! Woot!
  • jerseygirl227
    jerseygirl227 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great goals!!!

My first goal is to get my wedding dress to close :) I get married June 21st :)
    My second goal is to be able to make it through my first Warrior dash (5k with obstacles) in a decent time
    My third goal is to jog/run the entire 5k in August!! Doing Run or Dye in Oshawa Ontario and I am so excited!!!!

I love having goals!

Congrats on the wedding!

I would LOVE to do a Warrior Dash! I always thought it sounded like fun.

I, too, love goals. I find that signing up for a run always helps to motivate me!
  • jerseygirl227
    Options
    Fantastic goals, can I join?

End of March - 190lbs target, 5k run under 27 minutes (returning from injury)
    End of April - 184lbs target, 5k run under 26 minutes
    End of May - 180lbs final target, re-evaluate. Physio on trapezius should be finished by then, start going back to gym (nice and easy).
    End of June - Try to maintain 180lbs whilst regaining muscle mass, focus on a low fat diet.

Prizes:
    #1 - New scuba dry suit
    #2 - Large Chicken Pakora Pizza

I can see from your weight loss ticker that you have made awesome progress so far! I love how you have goals and prizes for yourself! I never thought about assigning rewards. I think I will have to do that.
  • jerseygirl227
    Options

Lol. Where are you located? I am originally from New Jersey and they have had a very tough winter. Funny how in Arizona we have trouble exercising in the summer.
  • jerseygirl227
    Options
    I'm shooting for goal weight by June 1 -- sand volleyball season starts here in early June, and I want to actually get some airtime at the net this season. If I can get close to goal by May, I can start doing plyo workouts without injuring myself. Really need to get some springs back in my legs.

Sand volleyball is a sport I would probably not be good at, lol, but Iove to watch. Good luck with your goal!!!
  • jerseygirl227
    Options
    My goal is 10 to 15 lbs by June 1rst.
    Why? Because I am a belly dancer and I am trying to break out into another hard form of belly dancing, and i need to be thinner, have a strong core, legs and arms.

Just by dancing more in the last two weeks, I've lost 5 lbs already! Woot!

Congrats on the weight loss!!!

Sounds like a good, realistic goal!
  • bobbiejof33
    Options

Congrats on the wedding!

I would LOVE to do a Warrior Dash! I always thought it sounded like fun.

I, too, love goals. I find that signing up for a run always helps to motivate me!

I suggest doing it!! There are so many different levels of people. I am a very new beginner, and I have a friend who has done it 3 years in a row, she says you can go at your own pace, and you will feel amazing at the end!!! I can't WAIT for Warrior Dash!!!!
  • kadybug247365
    Options
    My goals are;

1. Hit 180 or lower.
    2. Be able to run a 5k in 36 minutes or less.
    3. Size 10 jeans and medium shirts!
  • ScifiGirl1986
    ScifiGirl1986 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My 10 year high school reunion is tentatively scheduled for June 28th (might be changing to early July because the other area high school is having theirs on the the night we wanted to have ours in the same place--both schools have since closed and the reunions are being planned by former students). I want to lose at least the 44 lbs I have to go by then. I weighed in at 180 when I graduated and it would be great to be close to that for the reunion.
  • kmessinger14
    kmessinger14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I have a few mini goals leading up to June 1st (Well, actually by my birthday, May 30th, which is pretty close to June 1st), but my ultimate goal is to be at my goal weight (anything slightly under 120... so i can use 120 as my "hazard" number to make sure I'm staying on track or so I can be at worst 120 on a bad day... etc.). I am also going to Vegas in May for the first time so I would love to be as close as possible to that goal! I always start working out in the beginning of the year, show great results, then by the time summer comes around I plan too many social activities to stay on track with my fitness and end up having a non-beach bod half way through the season. Hopefully I can motivate myself to stay on target all summer!
  • jerseygirl227
    Options
    My goals are;

1. Hit 180 or lower.
    2. Be able to run a 5k in 36 minutes or less.
    3. Size 10 jeans and medium shirts!

Great goals!! I would LOVE to see size 10 jeans!! Heck, I would be happy with 12, lol. (I am currently in 14.)
  • jmarcin78
    jmarcin78 Posts: 34
    Options
    June 1 Goals. Good thinking:

1. Lost at least 10 pounds
    2. Get my strength and core up.
    3. Be able to wear my shorts from July 4 last year again!
    4. Be ready to buy new work clothes at the end of June as I start a new job in a new city with new people!
  • jerseygirl227
    Options
    My 10 year high school reunion is tentatively scheduled for June 28th (might be changing to early July because the other area high school is having theirs on the the night we wanted to have ours in the same place--both schools have since closed and the reunions are being planned by former students). I want to lose at least the 44 lbs I have to go by then. I weighed in at 180 when I graduated and it would be great to be close to that for the reunion.

The old high school reunion, lol! Nothing like that for motivation, huh? I had to skip my 25th since I live out of state. I was okay with that though since I was not my healthiest self.

An update from me. I lost 5 pounds this week! Woot! Been a lot more active and have been focusing on getting more protein. Just 12 weeks til my cruise!
  • collegegirl713
    collegegirl713 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You guys have AWESOME goals. I am going to shoot for 1 lbs/week, so I should be ~176 lb and I would love to be able to run 2 miles STRAIGHT. I am hoping to do my FIRST 5K in August. Hopefully, the spring weather will get me motivated to move my butt into high gear!

1. Be under 180 lbs
    2. Be a size 10
    3. Running for 20 minutes straight
    4. Be able to do 5 push-ups
  • kammyrios
    kammyrios Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My goal by June 1st is to run a 5K in 30 min or so. I am only on week three of the c25k program. I would also like to be under 200 pounds by then.