To women that don't want to lift...

Options
http://www.redzonefitness.co.uk/blog/?p=87

Nothing more to say really, other than read that and look at the pictures.

Replies

• Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Great article, thanks!
  • BeckiCharlotte13x
    BeckiCharlotte13x Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Great article, thanks!

Not a problem ;)
  • MissB46
    MissB46 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am getting to the stage that my eyes are starting to glaze over when a woman at the gym says: 'Oh no, I can't lift that 8kg dumbbell, 12kg kettlebell etc....because I will get too bulky....' it makes me want to tear my hair out!!!:angry:

Sometimes I feel like hiding all the 4kg kettlebells in the gym before a class....

Ladies....get off the spin bike and lift some weights!!!!

Thanks for the article btw...:wink:
  • BeckiCharlotte13x
    BeckiCharlotte13x Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I am getting to the stage that my eyes are starting to glaze over when a woman at the gym says: 'Oh no, I can't lift that 8kg dumbbell, 12kg kettlebell etc....because I will get too bulky....' it makes me want to tear my hair out!!!:angry:

Sometimes I feel like hiding all the 4kg kettlebells in the gym before a class....

Ladies....get off the spin bike and lift some weights!!!!

Thanks for the article btw...:wink:

Hahaha I know. I lift as heavy as I can and I wanna feel the burn!
  • sjbtiger
    sjbtiger Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Great article. Thanks for sharing. I just wish I had realized this at 22 rather than 32. Oh well, better late than never.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info
  • katt981
    katt981 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

so true - I've heard it so many times, then the same people ask you how you got in such great shape. That's when you hand them the heavy dumbells :)
  • BurnBabyyyBurn
    Options
    Woo woo agreed!
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Don't care much about lifting weights, although I occasionally do it... but check out the hot guy # 3 photo. Man is he hot! Yohan Blake rocks! He is on my ticker :-D
  • Jocampgrl
    Jocampgrl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I was looking for more info. Thanks!
  • Zekela
    Options
    ^^^... Pretty much while weight training is beneficial it isn't the only means to the end. If your cardio involves some level of resistance (example: for runners, hill training) you will obtain the same toned body as someone who lifts weights. I haven't done abs in like 5 months and my six pack has always been rocking.
  • Zekela
    Options
    Another confession: the only reason I weight trained in the past and am still willing to weight train is because thats what my husband is willing to do for exercise and we do it together. If he doesn't wanna do it, I won't even bother either since there are other means of getting toned without the weights. I agree that bulking up should not be associated with weight training since you can also bulk up with cardio. Bulking up, gaining weight has to do with food... but thats a totally separate topic, right?