shakeology???

Options
hi im new to site and was just wandering whats everyone's take on shakeoloy thanks in advance.

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that meal replacement shakes are a bad route to go. The last thing you want to do when you're eating at a calorie deficit is to get any of your calories from liquid sources because they don't fill you up. Learn proper nutrition, eat at a moderate calorie deficit and lose weight the right way. Meal replacement shakes don't teach you how to eat properly while you lose the weight and numbers show that most people who lose weight using meal replacement shakes usually gain all the weight back and sometimes more.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that meal replacement shakes are a bad route to go. The last thing you want to do when you're eating at a calorie deficit is to get any of your calories from liquid sources because they don't fill you up. Learn proper nutrition, eat at a moderate calorie deficit and lose weight the right way. Meal replacement shakes don't teach you how to eat properly while you lose the weight and numbers show that most people who lose weight using meal replacement shakes usually gain all the weight back and sometimes more.

+1

I'll add that shakeology are also absurdly priced and sold by salespeople calling themselves "coaches" when the only thing that they coach is your money from your wallet. Wait, that's coax. lol
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    My take is

NO
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options

+2. Save your money.
  • Jazz_Hands
    Jazz_Hands Posts: 55 Member
    Options

+2. Save your money.

Cosigned
  • swoods85
    swoods85 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I do agree, the price of shakeology is outrageous. I have however tried it before and what it says on the website is, for the most part true. One shake in the morning doesn't just fill you up for a few minutes then leave you feeling drained. It Gave me energy, I felt less sluggish, it helped cut cravings (although not completely, but who could ever give up sweets!), and it kept me full until it was time for another meal. I did get a trial though and never went back because of the price. The only way I would suggest you get it is if you have money that you are otherwise going to just throw away. It did work, and when you cut it down it is around $4 a day/ a meal, but it still ends up being quite pricey. And I am cheap. haha
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options

+1

I'll add that shakeology are also absurdly priced and sold by salespeople calling themselves "coaches" when the only thing that they coach is your money from your wallet. Wait, that's coax. lol

Yeah shakeology and beachbody is the BIGGEST pyramid scam out there...
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Gosh I'm so sick of hearing this stupid word. :sick:
  • jbugiel
    jbugiel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It's not the biggest ripoff, check out Body by Vi, it's the biggest, lol. But shakeology does cost more than that :p

I will add that I don't agree with the statement about coaches not being coaches. I have a beachbody certified coach here that my wife and I took a class with and he didn't push the shakeology thing or any other products. He was trainer of the year 2013 in Arkansas, not a beachbody award, but a statewide trainer award from another association of real coaches and trainers, and he is a very caring and great guy. That said, he did offer shakeology and gave us his take on it, but didn't push it or bring it up more than once, just that if we wanted to try it, he would sell it to us. We didn't try it, because we had already been suckered into losing tons of money on Body by Vi... which is an MLM scheme and unless you can talk all your friends and neighbors and family into buying it from you, you WILL lose money trying to sell it to become rich and famous like the guys that started the company and make all the real profit cuz they are atop the pyramid.

As far as the shakes, I do think if your using them as a fast protein for recovery after a workout they are great for that. I don't believe they should be used to replace a meal, unless it's the only thing you can do for low fat or low cal food at that moment in time.
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have to say that I know lots of coaches who are helping me and haven't tried to "sell" me anything. The coaches I know are kind and really care about helping others whether you buy the products or not. I am sure there are some out there that want to just have you buy products but not the ones I know. I hear good things about it but I can't afford to buy it and they don't care! I guess I got lucky!

*and btw, I am not a coach, just a girl trying to lose a lot weight! :flowerforyou:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    It's not the biggest ripoff, check out Body by Vi, it's the biggest, lol. But shakeology does cost more than that :p

I will add that I don't agree with the statement about coaches not being coaches. I have a beachbody certified coach here that my wife and I took a class with and he didn't push the shakeology thing or any other products. He was trainer of the year 2013 in Arkansas, not a beachbody award, but a statewide trainer award from another association of real coaches and trainers, and he is a very caring and great guy. That said, he did offer shakeology and gave us his take on it, but didn't push it or bring it up more than once, just that if we wanted to try it, he would sell it to us. We didn't try it, because we had already been suckered into losing tons of money on Body by Vi... which is an MLM scheme and unless you can talk all your friends and neighbors and family into buying it from you, you WILL lose money trying to sell it to become rich and famous like the guys that started the company and make all the real profit cuz they are atop the pyramid.

As far as the shakes, I do think if your using them as a fast protein for recovery after a workout they are great for that. I don't believe they should be used to replace a meal, unless it's the only thing you can do for low fat or low cal food at that moment in time.

I would still say most of them are not properly certified trainers or coaches even if you had one that is.